Why was Nazi Germany so powerful?

ggfy

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 12:06 am
It took a combination of UK, USA, France and Russia etc. to defeat only one nation. Italy and Japan were not much of a man. They were so powerful because of their omnipotent genes?

Setanta

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 03:45 am
I could give you a serious answer, but, given that comment about genes, it appears to me that you have a racist agenda, so i'll let you wallow in your ignorance. I'm sure you'd prefer that.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 06:17 am
@ggfy,
ggfy wrote:
They were so powerful because of their omnipotent genes?
Indeed. And then the bad Americans invented Domestos ... Domestos kills all known genes .... So we became just a little Old European country again ...
edgarblythe

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 06:25 am
Omnipotent jeans. Tight fitting.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 07:04 am
@ggfy,
ggfy wrote:

It took a combination of UK, USA, France and Russia etc. to defeat only one nation. Italy and Japan were not much of a man. They were so powerful because of their omnipotent genes?

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about as Germany WASN'T alone in the war. Germany was allied with Franco's Spain, Mussolini's Italy, amongst other member countries of the Tripartite Pact.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripartite_Pact
Besides, how can genes be omnipotent? That's a goofy sentiment.
Setanta

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 07:11 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Hehehehehehehehe . . .

In addition to what Tsar mentioned, the invasion of the Soviet Union also included Romanian, Hungarian, Slovakian and Croatian troops, and the Soviets were still engaged in a war with Finland on their northwestern border.

The question is idiotic because it is so simplistic. Not only is there that simple-minded bullshit about genes, but there is also the assumption that Germany was, in fact, powerful. It would take pages to explain why they won here or there, at this or that time, and to list all of the incredible idiocies of Hitler, which wasted the strengths and advantages they did possess.

But to go back to what i said earlier, i think this is just your typical racist bullshit, the kind one expects from white supremacists--long on ignorance and bigotry, completely devoid of fact.
0 Replies

cicibebe

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 07:34 am
@tsarstepan,
I said Italy and japan were not much powerful. Listen:

UK, Canada, France, USA, Russia.

Sure Germany was goddamn powerful. If you are a non-white person and talk **** about Germany, you are a retard.
Setanta

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 07:35 am
Certainly someone around here is talking like a "retard."
0 Replies

Foofie

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 07:43 am
@ggfy,
ggfy wrote:

I would guess that Germany was so powerful, since they were fighting nations that got disenchanted with war after a thousand years of war in Europe. Especially, after The Great War (WWI). Germany didn't get disenchanted with war, since the Nazis were able to play on the emotions of Germans that Germany was humiliated by losing WWI.

Anyway, if one looks at someone that appears "superior," it might be that that person is really "average," and is only competing against people that are "inferior." One doesn't have to be superior to win over inferior people; one can be just average. Naturally, to save face, the inferior people accuse the average person, oftentimes, of thinking that he or she is superior, when in fact that person is just average, and just won over inferior people. A hard fact for many to swallow.

But, Germans might have some superior qualities in its culture, since they did make a better recovery after WWII, than many other countries. And, if one wants to get into that whole Aryan schtick, the blondness of Germans came from Sweden, when back in an earlier century Sweden was quite war like, and left their blond genes in many a German baby. If the early Germanic tribes were blond, then Spaniards, Italians, and the French would all be very blond. The original Germanic people were brunettes. So, the Nazis were having babies with Norwegian women for the blonding of the Reich.

0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 07:48 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
but, given that comment about genes,
Whatd he say about genes? I always like to read some of the stuff from the guys with the fevered minds.
tsarstepan

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 07:49 am
@cicibebe,
cicibebe wrote:

I said Italy and japan were not much powerful. Listen:

UK, Canada, France, USA, Russia.

Sure Germany was goddamn powerful. If you are a non-white person and talk **** about Germany, you are a retard.

So JackAss?! How many accounts do you have here at a2k? By this point, you CAN'T erase your mistake that you just posted from two separate accounts.

ggfy wrote:

And where in my entire posting history did I ever mention that I'm NOT white?! I don't believe you're white and thusly you're a delusional nonEuropean who has a racist, fetishishist, ahistorical lust for all things Nazi Germany. Like a self-hating Jew who joins the Nazi party. Like a black man who joins the KKK.

Besides, Japan was far more powerful then Germany. They outlasted their European power by 101 days. And they needed two nuclear bombs to bring them to their knees. Your understanding of history is pathetic at best. You're English is just as terrible.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 08:04 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
but, given that comment about genes,
Whatd he say about genes? I always like to read some of the stuff from the guys with the fevered minds.

In the OP:

ggfy wrote:
They were so powerful because of their omnipotent genes?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 08:09 am
@cicibebe,
cicibebe wrote:

I said

you said?

really?

how many accounts are you using?
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 08:12 am
I wonder is there is a relationship to sinnlich.
ehBeth

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 08:14 am
@Setanta,
ha! I just edited that out of my post

they all smell kind of similar
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 08:23 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I wonder is there is a relationship to sinnlich.

I highly suspect that to be the case.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 08:43 am

Quote:
Springtime for Hitler and Germany
Deutschland is happy and gay
We're marching to a faster pace
Look out, here comes the master race
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 08:45 am
Let's get down to cases. German AFVs (armored fightign vehicles) were superior to anything the Allies had until the Pershing tank showed up in late 1944. Although the Russian T34 can reasonably be described as an exception. When the huge tank battles raged in the Soviet Union in 1942, Germany sent engineers and designers there to look over the situation. German armored commanders showed them captured T34s and begged them to just build that tank for them. No, they went home and built the Tiger tanks, and the Panthers and Jagdpathers (the Tiger I was already in production design). The Germans manufactured fewer than 1400 Tiger I tanks, and fewer than 500 Tiger II tanks. They built 6000 Panther tanks (a light tank) and just over 400 Jagdpanther tanks (a heavy, fixed gun tank hunter). If you're too lazy to do the math, that's fewer than 9000 tanks.

The soviets built more than 80,000 T34 tanks alone. The Americans built almost 50,000 M4 Sherman tanks. In Normandy, the German troops used to say that a Tiger tank could destroy ten Shermans before the Amis (Americans) could get the Tiger--but that the Amis always had at least 11. The Germans used horse-drawn vehicles for about 40% of their transport during the war--they simple didn't have the resources to make all the vehicles they would have needed to have a completely motorized army. In contrast, when the Americans were making 30 miles a day against collapsing resistance, they brought their supplies to the front by truck, including the fuel for all their vehicles. Not only that, but the Germans had to use synthetic fuels, especially after the USAAF bombed the Romanian refineries at Ploesti. The entire potato havest for 1944 was seized (what the farmers didn't manage to hide) to make synthetic fuel. By early 1945, the Germans were starving. Of course, with no farm equipment being manufactured, and most horses already seized by the army, they weren't going to do much farming in 1945.

The German troops in Normandy had another saying: "If you see a white plane, that's the Tommies. If you see a black plane, that's the Amis. If you don't see any planes at all, that's the Luftwaffe." By early 1944, most German air forces in the west had been withdrawn to defend Germany. When asked after the war when he knew the war was lost, Goering said: "When i saw the first Mustang over Berlin." Even their jets couldn't save them. In his war memoir, Adolf Galland recounts that the American fighters would follow them back to their airfields and shoot them up as they tried to land, and then fly back and forth strafing the airfield. By the end of the war, they hid their planes in the woods and took off from logging roads.

Oh yeah, they were powerful. That's omnipotent genes. They wrote a military check that their collective ass couldn't cash.
0 Replies

Ragman

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 09:15 am
@Setanta,
cicibebe, sinnlich. and ggfy are all one and the same
Sinnlich

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 09:30 am
@Ragman,
We are happy together: cicibebe, sinnlich and ggfy
0 Replies