What TV show do you watch regularly has the most obnoxious characters?

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 11:15 am
What TV show do you watch regularly has the most obnoxious/annoying characters? Why do you continue to watch it? Do you like watching annoying characters?

Me? ABC's Once Upon A Time. Most of the characters are idiots, annoyingly gullible, and amnesiacs. The only watchable character is Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin.

I hate SO many of the characters that I'm wishing upon them the most painful of deaths, even if they're supposed to be likable, good, and filled with rainbow farting unicorns.

I continue to watch it because I'm hoping some of the worst offenders would ACTUALLY be killed off. That some of the allegedly evil characters ACTUALLY do something evil and snuff the most obnoxious and stupidest of the characters off.

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 11:17 am
I watched the first four or five episodes of that show. It became apparent it was going nowhere and I gave up on it.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 11:18 am
@edgarblythe,
I wished I followed your lead but my roommate loves the show so I watch it every week.
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 11:34 am
@tsarstepan,
I like "The Pickers" but both characters ares idiots.

I started watching "Marketplace Warriors but not only are all the contestants idiots, but the concept pf the show is stupid----SO I watched but once.

NOW, I love to Hate Boyd on "Justified" Hes an evil ****, but the whole show is relly good.

Thats all I can recall for now.

Oh yeh, "Diggers" is a show for 2 year olds.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 11:39 am
@farmerman,
I wonder if most of the replies will be about the real life idiots that populate most if not all reality TV series these days.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 01:00 pm
Storage Wars - all the characters are weird. I love Barry, though.

Some of the characters on Justified - I just want to slap. The series fascinates me.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 01:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
Only saw this thing for about 20 seconds...but I detested everyone I managed to see. Something about a Boo Boo Baby!
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 02:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I hear twenty-five seconds of that show can cause eye and soul cancer Frank. You're lucky to stop watching it when you did.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 03:15 pm
My wife still watches each season of The Bachelor/Bachelorette even though she thinks the concept is a total fraud. Being on the show is absolutely the worst way to find a spouse. Many women watch the show regularly because they like to make fun of the women that appear on that show.

"Picket Fences" is a show that no longer exists. I originally thought it would be a good drama but it turned out to be politically correct to a ridiculous degree. Its pretentiousness nauseated me. It attempted to resolve complex social issues in each one hour episode. Did anyone else have a similar reaction?
jcboy

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 03:24 pm
I’ll have to think about this one a bit, we don’t watch a lot of TV shows, when we have time we usually spend it watching a movie.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 03:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
Okay I thought of one, “Two Broke Girls” I can’t stand either of them, they’re not funny and they are both horrible actresses. If those two can be on a hit TV show anyone can!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 05:15 pm
Two Broke Girls is one of the worst shows imagineable.
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 05:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
The American version of Antiques Road Show is suprior to the UK vesrion, BUT the AMerican Version of "TOP GEAR" really sucks, but the show producers dont get it, Words like "cock-up" and I pranged the bonnet" are not US vernacular, especially when said by some erzats tennessean.

Why not have em talk like the DUkes of Hazzard?? and wear shorts and
hoodies

I could fix that show so that people would watch it. Like have the hosts do a race where they must keep their car wheels on a railroad track, or have a drag race in reverse gear.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 05:55 pm
@farmerman,
I'll support you.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 06:11 pm
@farmerman,
PS, does anybody know what means "Cock up"?
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 07:42 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
The use of cock-up to mean a blunder or error was originally British military slang dating from the 1920s.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-coc1.htm
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 07:54 pm
@tsarstepan,
That is a phrase I did not recognize and when I googled it, all I got was support hose ads
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 09:49 pm
@farmerman,
I Googled British slang and cock up.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 07:24 am
@jcboy,
All I have ever seen of "Two Broke Girls" are the ads and promos.

If they are any indication of the best of "Two Broke Girls"...that is all I will ever see of the show.

Neither girl is particularly attractive; neither is sexy; neither is funny; and the dialogue/schtick of the promos sucks. I cannot imagine how this ever got on television unless both are able to give extremely great head...and have been giving said head to lots of producers, both male and female as an inducement.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 03:11 pm
Hardcore Pawn features three members of a dysfunctional family. They all give me the creeps, but in an "I wanna watch this" kind of way.