The Wave Queen, A PUZZLE FOR ALL THE GURUS HERE:

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 08:21 pm
This was in Take 5 Pocket Puzzler. I found an answer, my husband agrees, our friends do not. Here are the clues:
WHO SAILED ON THE WAVE QUEEN
1. Between them, the Reynolds and the Jameses cruised on the Sailaway and the Islander.
2. The Lawsons loved Noumea best but did not travel on the Wave Queen.
3. The Empress and Wave Queen did not stop in Samoa, Fiji, or Vanuatu.
4. The Islander did not call at either Fiji or Vanuatu.
5. The port of call the Reynolds enjoyed most was either Fiji or Auckland.
6. The Sinclairs' favourite tourist spot was not Vanuatu.

Let me know how you worked out what you did. I got the Jacksons, but can be corrected. Other friends got the Sinclairs. Enjoy going crazy. LOL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,529 • Replies: 9
No top replies

WendyLou

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 11:27 pm
@WendyLou,
I do not know how my innocuous puzzle question placed me in the "Racist Bitch" forum. I am not a racist, nor am I a bitch. Trying to delete this and put it elsewhere. Crazy forum and very annoyed.
boomerang

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 07:56 am
@WendyLou,
The family name "Jackson" doesn't appear anywhere in your clues. If I hadn't read the answer you came up with I wouldn't have even known to consider anyone called Jackson. That makes it impossible to solve the riddle with the answer "Jackson" for anyone else.

Did you leave something out?
boomerang

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 08:08 am
@WendyLou,
You've given us 5 boats and 5 ports but only 4 families.

All we can know from your clues is that the Wave Queen went to Auckland and neither the Reynolds nor the Jameses were on it.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 09:47 am
@WendyLou,
That's a tag - you can add tags of your own in an effort to crowd it out.
WendyLou

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 05:14 pm
@boomerang,
Hey Boomerang. They give you a chart with the names of the people and the boats. Here's the chart.....
JACKSONS
REYNOLDS
JAMESES
SINCLAIRS
LAWSONS
BOATS:
EMPRESS
WAVE QUEEN
SAILAWAY
ISLANDER
SEASCAPE

I've checked the clues given and the Jacksons are not mentioned in the six clues. I apologise each week Take 5 due this type of problem solving puzzle and I usually work them out. They were the givens. Good luck. :-( Makes me feel stupid. WendyLou. :-)
boomerang

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 06:42 pm
@WendyLou,
I love these kind of puzzles! I hope you keep posting them. Just make sure we get all of the info next time, please!

WendyLou

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 06:24 pm
@boomerang,
Hey Boomerang. I certainly will. The clues were correct but I forgot to give you the grid. Heaps of apologies to you. The puzzle came out of Take 5 Pocket puzzler, which comes our once per month in Australia and New Zealand. The Take 5 weekly magazine also contains one of these puzzles and I get those each week as well. I'm with you - I love exercising the grey matter. I still think it was the Jacksons who sailed on the Wave Queen but the puzzlers on the web site think "Sinclairs".
BTW, do you know how to import a scan of any of these puzzles into the site?
WendyLou

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 06:26 pm
@jespah,
Thanks Jespah
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 08:00 pm
@WendyLou,
I came up with the Sinclairs but I didn't know about the Jacksons.

Based on the information given it could be either one.

I'm probably not the best person to explain how to post scans but I'll give it a try....

All images have to be hosted online somewhere. A lot of people here use photobucket.com -- it's free and easy to use.

Once the image is online you just need to right click and get the image information. Copy that and paste it into your text.

It will look something like this: *http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/gas-field.jpg (without the asterisks).

Then you highlight the link and click on the "Img" button above and it ends up looking like this

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/gas-field.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Wave Queen, A PUZZLE FOR ALL THE GURUS HERE:
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:09:26