Hey sports fans...

chai2

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 04:49 pm
As far as baseball caps, are Ecko and Negro League popular?

I'm thinking of buying some for resale.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,812 • Replies: 5
No top replies

chai2

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 08:14 pm
@chai2,
So, no one's familiar?

I missed that auction, got a call from a friend.

I think I'll bid on the next one, which is ending tomorrow night.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 08:34 pm
@chai2,
http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_rn=1&gs_ri=serp&pq=%20baseball%20caps%2C%20are%20ecko%20and%20negro%20league%20popular%3F&cp=27&gs_id=21&xhr=t&q=most+popular+baseball+caps&pf=p&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&oq=+most+popular+baseball+caps&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=1a7fa8edbd8430a&bpcl=40096503&biw=1388&bih=734&bs=1
chai2

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 08:59 pm
@dalehileman,
Not exactly helpful, since obviously the Negro League is no longer in existance.

Negro League caps are updates representing all the teams from that era.

Was more curious if anyone has purchased them, or Ecko Unlimited.

I'd already done research on how well they do selling, but thought someone with a personal opinion would be helpful/interesting.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 05:57 am
I have a ton of sports collectibles...Problem is it goes up and down a lot...

Ebay has a lot of great stuff mate...All kinds of great things, auto rookie cards, jersey cards etc....

To answer your question, I think many would buy Negro league caps...But you may have to sit on it a bit...

It may be expensive, but if you find a non-replica (which I am not even sure you could) would be the best...If you can find replicas...I am sure some would buy them....But I do not think it would be very profitable...So many avid fans today do not even know the teams...And I do not even know what the Ecko league was...

I think you could make more money by buying Autographed hot packs of current players or something...It is a pack of cards with a guaranteed auto in every pack...If you have the dough, get rookie auto hot packs...

Buy a wax box of auto hot packs, and break them down and sell each pack separate, or give 2 or 3 pack deals...

If you are interested in the cards, I will explain each value of cards...reg rookies, serial numbered rookies, jerseys, serial jerseys, auto, serial autos, dual, triple, rookie autos, rookie jersey auto, dual rookie auto etc...1/1 rookie autos etc...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 12:35 am
@chai2,
Any thoughts into the sports card thing? I think in general, you will make more money, and it is easier to sell on something that will sell more easily in a pop-culturish way...

If you do the cards, Or memorabilia like it. Buy in bulk, break it down, or give 2 or 3 pack deals, look around at what most other vendors are selling it for, list your items at around 50 cents cheaper than most are selling them for...Where you will make a very nice profit still...Probably around doubling your money...and list most as buy it now...So they have to click buy it now, and you are not obligated to send them out unless you receive the payments...This will avoid payment discrepancies...They pay for shipping also...And you do not have to pay an auction fee with bidding...And unless you have a high ticket item that many can't find, It is not worth it to have people bid on it, and it won't get much higher than what other vendors are selling it for anyways...
0 Replies