Intrepid

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 04:57 pm
@mesquite,
Your point being?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 11:07 pm
@OGIONIK,
Ogionik, I don't think it is accurate to portray the universe as "obeying" laws (it is not a legal system) The so-called laws of nature are not statutes; they are generalizations we make about observations we make of the ways "nature" behaves.
Chumly

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 11:18 pm
@JLNobody,
You're perhaps overlooking their most important aspect; that being their predictive nature. Also they can be much more specific than a generalization.

I would further assert they are not simply "observations we make" in that they can stand clear of our observations once they have been scientifically-empirically established.
0 Replies

effee

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:49 pm
@Wildflower63,
Since god is a myth, I'd say no.
JLNobody

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:58 pm
@effee,
We might also say that IF the fundamentalist conception of "God" were the case (that He is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent and omnicompetent, etc.) he would be able to ANYTHING; he would not be constrained by our sense of the logically possible.
But God makes no sense, I cannot relate to the concept, ergo (subjectively, but sincerely) NO.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:59 pm
@effee,
We might also say that IF the fundamentalist conception of "God" were the case (that He is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent and omnicompetent, etc.) he would be able to do ANYTHING, no matter how illogical; he would not be constrained by our sense of the logically possible.
But God makes no sense, I cannot relate to the concept, ergo (subjectively, but sincerely) NO.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 09:00 pm
@effee,
We might also say that IF the fundamentalist conception of "God" were the case (that He is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent and omnicompetent, etc.) he would be able to do ANYTHING, no matter how illogical; he would not be constrained by our sense of the logically possible.
0 Replies

midnightcowboy

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 09:20 pm
@Randall Patrick,
No he can't commit suicide. Why? Well he only exists in the minds of man.
JLNobody

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 10:10 pm
@midnightcowboy,
You know, Cowboy, that when Nietzsche (and I think Hegel before him) announced that "God is Dead" he was referring to the dominance of the idea of God in the minds of Man.
midnightcowboy

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 06:07 pm
@JLNobody,
Well, sorry. I disagree with both gentlemen. God never existed at all, except in man's imagination. So he could not die, in any way at any time.
0 Replies

stevecook172001

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:27 pm
@Randall Patrick,
There is no evidence for God. Therefore, any conjecture on his capacity to commit suicide is without legitimate foundation.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:48 pm
@Randall Patrick,
1) how the heck should we know?
2) seems he committed suicide looong ago, gotten tired of those ever whiney humans.

3) maybe some other diety killed him?
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 11:39 pm
That is a profound question, I think if god could destroy himself all of existence will vanish

A little child was asked this question and answered thus; God can destroy himself, but he wont because he is not that stupid

Alan
Krumple

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 02:34 am
i got a suicide letter from god proving you all wrong. god said suicide was better than listening to all these humans whining and complaining and couldn't imagine spending eternity with any of them. god wanted me to pass on the message.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 01:12 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan, does this mean you are a pantheist?
0 Replies

Klope3

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 03:00 pm
Not meaning any offense, I would suggest that it's sort of a silly question. (Any answers are based purely on mainly subjective speculation.) But, I would also suggest that God would certainly BE ABLE to "commit suicide," but that he never, ever would.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 03:26 pm
Hi Guys,
My God can commit suicide, but only in part.
Have a great day.
Mark...
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 05:43 pm
Probably been asked;
Is martyrdom suicide?
Is sacrifice suicide?
Huxley

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 05:48 pm
@sometime sun,
Yes.

All-powerful (def): That which has the ability to do, at will, any logically possible action.

God is all-powerful.
Suicide is a logically possible action.
Therefore, God can commit suicide.
mark noble

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 05:59 pm
Hi All,
God has commited suicide an infinite number of times.
God is commiting suicide now.
God will commit suicide an infinite number of times.

If you don't understand this - you don't understand God.
If you don't understand God - God made you to not understand God.
Understand?
Best wishes.
Mark...