Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 10:16 pm
There was a problem with your submission. Please correct the errors below.
Body required

trying2learn

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 10:30 pm
@trying2learn,
I was here for a contest. I never imagined that my dad would die while I was still on this site.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 10:36 pm
@trying2learn,
I don't mean this antagonistically - but you had probably been protected about life happening to you.
trying2learn

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 10:53 pm
@ossobuco,
maybe but when my sister died, a part of me died
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 07:48 am
@trying2learn,
Are you getting counselling? If not, I recommend it.
djjd62

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 07:52 am
simple answer, because i'm not there

well not right now anyway
jcboy

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 08:11 am
@Mame,
Me too! I got counseling when my father passed away, that’s when I registered on this site back in 2006. I must have gone through half a dozen psychologists and 4 psychiatrists before I found the right one. I preferred the psychiatrist because they medicated me, which later I discovered wasn’t the best solution.
DavJohanis

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 08:21 am
@trying2learn,
The world corrects that error eventually for most, most do not complain when it is within their lifetime that the correction occurs. Only some are not so nice about it all, or rather not so busy simply living as other arguments take root.
I have experienced almost all the multiplexions around this and the result is always the same, unless one is under emotional distress.

May the flow of the universe rest your spirit and your dreams and perhaps the worlds too.

My sincere condolences....
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 09:26 am
@jcboy,
It's never the best solution unless you're bi-polar or have some other mental health issues. Grief needs to be worked out. When my 4 month old grandson died, I went to work as usual and put him out of my mind all day, but when I got in my car, I cried all the way home, and then all night. I watched the videos of him, felt how much I missed him, and wallowed in my grief and heartbreak for 4 months. It sounds pathetic, but at the end of the four months, I was basically healed. I wasn't depressed and there was nothing a psychologist could do for me - I was just grief-stricken. You have to feel the pain in order to accept it and then let it go. Today (and it's been 7 years now), I just feel the love for him.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 01:03 pm
Why am I here? Prob'ly because I'm not all there.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 02:37 pm
@djjd62,
Well, yeah! Everybody's got to be somewhere, right?
djjd62

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 07:26 pm
@roger,
one ad slogan i really loved, in fact i sort of adopted it as a rule for how to live my life, came from Nintendo

in the early days of the Game Boy, their portable gaming system they had an ad campaign that used the slogan, "wherever you are, be somewhere else"
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 11:34 am
@Mame,
Thank you and I am sorry for your loss. It has taken me longer to heal and I am still learning.
0 Replies