Roswell, New Mexico incident

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 06:07 am
If:
The Roswell incident way back when in Mexico happened.
Assuming the Aliens were slender, grey, black eyed 'dark space' evolved life forms. Assuming the incident could have been a replication of future or past events, for the purposes of theorising psychology.

Further assuming the events that took place were not related to your Ford Cosworth, your wife, or your children.
Finally assuming that other answers could be found, beyond potential psychological questions/answers, in fact assuming hundreds of answers were found.

Would Earth be, or have been, correct to orchestrate and/or bring down such an event on themselves, hoaxed or real?.

Technological advancement is not probable to be greater for the attempt, that is explicitly a factor in this question, given the weight of the strive for technological betterment and lack of control inherent in rushing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,845 • Replies: 30

farmerman

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 08:19 am
@nothingtodo,
are you a bot still in search of vocabulary?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 08:45 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
are you a bot still in search of vocabulary?

Laughing Laughing

Thanks, Farmerman, I needed that!
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 02:09 pm
@nothingtodo,
If you ever figure out how to phrase a question so that the rest of us can get an inkling of what the hell you're talking about, please let us know.
roger

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 02:30 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I think he's against it, whatever it is.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 03:26 pm
@nothingtodo,
Quote:
Would Earth be, or have been, correct to orchestrate and/or bring down such an event on themselves, hoaxed
Why of course, if for no other reason to identify the crackpot

Quote:
…...or real?
Tod you leave me in the dark with that one
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 04:01 pm
@roger,
I take this personally, as my father was in Roswell from time to time when I was a toddler. (I figure he was bummed.)
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 04:24 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I take this personally, as my father was in Roswell from time to time when I was a toddler. (I figure he was bummed.)

I always suspected your family might be from some other planet, Osso. Laughing
ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 04:50 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yeah. He was a poet too.
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 12:00 am
@Lustig Andrei,
It is a question in entirety.
Not a sided or unbalanced opinion.
Which also answers Dales darkness.

Phrasing is irrelevant, the key points are in there...

As to Dale's 'pointing out the crackpots'..
There are indeed many more irrational subjects than valid ones, but some have had what cannot be deemed demonic or psychological encounters..
At least not with the evidence and explanations found..

The point is, to ignore all contact explanations is to allow fog to descend and a lack of internal pinging, which allows disembarking and re-embarking of alien insurgents. Unless the space measures are adept at probing the cloak on an energy absorption and redirect hull.

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:12 am
Roswell is in New Mexico. Now, with that cleared up, one can proceed to the so-called event. A farm caretaker found some debris and reported it to the United States Army Air Force. They determined that it was the debris of a weather balloon. At that time, the USAAF was running a series of experiments called Project Mogul. Project Mogul was classified, and therefore, was not to be discussed publicly by USAAF personnel.

The wreckage of the weather balloon was not found at Roswell, or even near it. However, Roswell was the nearest town with a newspaper. As it was the "silly season" in journalism--late summer when there is little happening of genuine news interest, a reporter for the Roswell newspaper made up a story about flying saucers. USAAF officials could hardly debunk the story by referring to a project they were not supposed to discuss publicly, so the story got traction it might not have had if there could have been a straight forward explanation from the USAAF. Nevertheless, ths story soon blew over, and newspapers, including the one in Roswell, went on to other stories and forgot the so-called Roswell incident.

That was in 1947. In the early 1970s, a UFO huskster learned about the story, and saw a potential gold mine. He wrote a book about a flying saucer crash landing in New Mexico and the bullshit artists were off and running. The town of Roswell, New Mexico currently profits from the story, so they have no reason to debunk it, and every reason to encourage the loonies who will come there and spend money. It is, however, bullshit. The conspiracy theory nutbags get to weigh in, too, by alleging a government cover-up. However, if you choose to believe all of that nonsense, i can only say that i have a very profitable bridge i can offer you at a deep discount.
nothingtodo

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:21 am
@Setanta,
Thank you..
Care to answer the question though?
It is still entirely valid.

To put it in another light, had I dominion over the entirety of mankind, I would crash gently such a vessel in shallow water if possible.

The nature of the alien life would not be probed in the sense of psychology, the termination protocols would not be enacted, the removal of the alien lives from Earth would take place, they would be returned to flight at my earliest opportunity.. Data would be gathered and they would be told not to return.

Or they would be obliterated in an instant.. with zero question. I would pick through the wreckage and expect that I had now made an enemy who would do the same to me, for eternity, perhaps even disallowing my fleet to travel across light years of potential journey direction in increasing conal relevance.
I would be expected in a non hostile species to avoid outflanking their home world for a journey.

If layer x of material is isolated in magnitude at point z in space, how can we acquire the load to take home if we have an enemy?.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 05:16 am
I did answer the question, you're just too wrapped up in your delusional assumption of the excellence of your intellect to understand it.
nothingtodo

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 05:24 am
@Setanta,
Come back later then dear insulted insult wielder.
Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 05:30 am
@nothingtodo,
I'm not insulted. It is a matter of indifference to me that you are delusional.
nothingtodo

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 05:35 am
@Setanta,
I see.

I will leave you with your flaw then, you strange individual.
Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 06:27 am
@nothingtodo,
That's hilarious, you calling someone else a strange individual. No mirrors at your house?
nothingtodo

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 06:46 am
@Setanta,
You mean you laugh your way out of everything and still insist on lowering your usual intelligent self to slander and assumption?.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 12:38 pm
@nothingtodo,
Quote:
allow fog to descend and a lack of internal pinging, which allows disembarking and re-embarking of alien insurgents.
Yea Tod, my continued denial however will at least maintain my composure until my death, before they finally come and get the rest of you
nothingtodo

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 12:42 pm
@dalehileman,
Finally? dude?, composure?..
Damn, we have drugs now can wipe the last few hours, they can probably zap 10 minutes on demand.

Still composure comes easily if you know your screwed from the start.