Liquid diet for me to loose weight?

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 09:41 am
?

im advised by doc to not go beyond 24/48 hrs being on a liquid diet but have to loose weight been on liquid all day

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:26 pm
@wonder91,
Let's see if I understand that jumbled sentence.

1. You were advised by a doctor not to go beyond 24 to 48 hours on a liquid diet.

2. You need to lose weight.

3. You've been on liquids for a full day.

That right?

Okay, so what's the question again?
wonder91

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:38 pm
@Butrflynet,
yes but dont have to loose weight i choose to and im trying to get to 90 pounds im 5'3 in height
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 06:59 pm
@wonder91,
Sorry, I choose not to participate in your anorexia.

The recommended healthy weight range for a 21 year old woman who is 5'3" is between 107 and 140 pounds.

You are turning your doctor's advice about a flu bug into yet another excuse to not feed yourself.

For the benefit of others new to this, you might want to catch up with what she is doing:

http://able2know.org/topic/204551-1
jespah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 07:02 pm
@Butrflynet,
Note - http://able2know.org/topic/204551-1#post-5206659

wonder91 - look at this - http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bminojs.htm

90 lbs. is underweight for your height; 130 is a lot closer to being correct. You still have an eating disorder.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 07:21 pm
@Butrflynet,
I had a then friend who at 5'10" insisted on being under 105.

I didn't know about anorexia then, not the details, and she was a very smart woman. She was insistent that she wasn't anorexic - I knew enough to inquire - and she was witty, engaging, for years.
I happen to now not like her at all, but I also don't know if she is still alive, for me to somehow not like her.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 07:30 pm
Please read up on the Karen Carpenter story. She's an inch taller than you and died at the age of 32 after battling anorexia for 8 years, starving herself until she was down to 80 pounds and had a heart attack that killed her.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20198418,00.html

Some excerpts:

Quote:
singer Karen Carpenter fell victim to heart failure after an eight-year battle with anorexia nervosa. She seemed to be on the verge of recovery when she died at the age of 32. After spending almost all of 1982 undergoing treatment for the eating disorder, the 5'4½" Carpenter had managed to pump her weight from a frail 80 pounds to a nearly normal 110.

Quote:
Karen had been a little overweight as a teenager—she loved tacos and chili. But we never teased her—to us, she wasn't that fat. When she was 17, she went on the Stillman Diet with a doctor's guidance, and she lost between 20 and 25 pounds. She was at her best weight—between 115 and 120—until 1975, when the illness first became serious.

Quote:
Karen had been in therapy for nine months or so, and the therapist was getting nowhere. She wasn't putting any weight on—if anything, she was losing. I was extremely upset about that. Finally Karen was put into Lenox Hill Hospital [checking in under an assumed name] for force-feeding to put some weight on her.

We all went to see her in the hospital. She had been down to 80 pounds, and she was about 110 when she came home to L.A. for Thanksgiving 1982, when we had turkey and all the trimmings. She was definitely improved, but there were signs that she wasn't 100 percent turned around—she was picking at food

And here's her autopsy report:

http://www.karencarpenter.com/passing_autop.html

Make note at the bottom where the coroner states her findings and the website's note explaining what it means.
0 Replies

wonder91

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 09:47 pm
ive read about her and i apperciate the concern an all but its tough i
dont know ive hardely ate today
jespah

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 09:17 am
@wonder91,
Return to your doctor, and talk some more about your eating disorder. It hasn't magically gone away. and you still need treatment.
0 Replies

discountkart

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 03:45 am
Consult a Dietitians before trying out any new stuff. It always works.
0 Replies

AlexanderWindham

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 11:22 pm
If your doctor does not allow you take liquid diet, why are you taking? According to me it is not good for you. You will become weak if you will continue it. Try to add some fruits, nuts and vegetables in your diet.
0 Replies