What is the point to 'SATAN'

neologist

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 09:28 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Aww, heck. I'm sorry. I was just thinking about the Bible's identification of him:
(Revelation 12:9) . . .So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan. . .
I didn't mean to ruin your well thought out exegesis.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 09:30 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Are you ******* retarded?
Your own statement explains why god (Uncapitalised) allows it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THUS - god 'ALLOWS' it......
Fucktard!
Eloquently and convincingly stated.

Does your mother know you talk like this?

She must be proud of you.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 09:44 pm
@mark noble,
I'm having a hard time understanding what responses you would like. Perhaps you should tells us rather than spank us whenever we answer incorrectly.

Obviously an omnipotent creator not only "allows" everything, he's created everything.

Maybe an omnipotent creator gets bored knowing how everything will turn out and in his omnipotence has managed to come up with a way to be surprised.

Assuming Satan actually exists (and I don't) it's not particularly contradictory.

What would be the purpose of providing one's creations free will if there weren't choices (good and bad) to make?

Not to suggest for a moment that I am my children's god, but I was always most proud of them when they made the right decision without any urging from me. I never thought to come up with a bogeyman who would urge them to make the wrong decision, but then I knew that their inate selfishness (possessed by us all) would serve that purpose.
neologist

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 05:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I'm having a hard time understanding what responses you would like. Perhaps you should tells us rather than spank us whenever we answer incorrectly.

Obviously an omnipotent creator not only "allows" everything, he's created everything.
I'm with you on that, up to a point. God didn't create the resistor, Satan became the resistor through his free will. This does not imply that God will tolerate his rebellion indefinitely
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Maybe an omnipotent creator gets bored knowing how everything will turn out and in his omnipotence has managed to come up with a way to be surprised.
Sure. God has no more obligation to view your moral destination any more than you would have to read the last page of the whodunnit. Free will could not exist otherwise.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 05:06 am
@neologist,
Pride relevant to you......**********! ..??
Not ISmile
PROV, Better to be humble amongst the poor than share the spoils with the proud.
Pride comes b4 destruction........Honour stands b4 humility.
The proud of heart shall beckon destruction.
Eccles-
Vanity/(PRIDE) will kill us all.

Idiot!
neologist

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 05:11 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
Pride relevant to you......**********! ..??
Not ISmile
PROV, Better to be humble amongst the poor than share the spoils with the proud.
Pride comes b4 destruction........Honour stands b4 humility.
The proud of heart shall beckon destruction.
Eccles-
Vanity/(PRIDE) will kill us all.

Idiot!
You are the genius I had in mind when I posted this thread:
http://able2know.org/topic/212731-1
mark noble

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 05:16 am
@neologist,
More patronism?
You think anyone cares, other than you?
You think there are winners and losers/triumphs and failings - applied to poster's who excel at being pedantic?

Whatever...
0 Replies