How can something come from nothing?

kiuku

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:12 pm
@JPLosman0711,
the website says "able 2 know" ; it's basically that no one else is able to know Latin right now.

That's the way it was; Jehovah just annihilated Sodom and Gomorrah, I mean, not simply destroy but to turn to salt. This is God's way, this is the way of the gods, beneath Him, and that's the way it is; it's just not possible to put up with insolence and so on. God is a "lonely God" and so understandably God has already annihilated everyone once, and doesn't need anyone to talk to.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 09:23 am
Nobody minds nice friendly gays, but the Sodom/Gomorrah lot were out-of-control, they hammered on Lots door demanding he send out his two male guests so they could have them.
Bad call, the guests were angels, so no wonder God went ballistic and wiped out Sodom/Gomorrah-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sodom-gomorrah_zps70dc427c.jpg~original
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 09:31 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Nobody minds nice friendly gays, but the Sodom/Gomorrah lot were out-of-control, they hammered on Lots door demanding he send out his two male guests so they could have them.
Bad call, the guests were angels, so no wonder God went ballistic and wiped out Sodom/Gomorrah-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sodom-gomorrah_zps70dc427c.jpg~original

If you truly read the Old Testament, Romeo...it is no wonder whenever the god goes ape, because that is what the god does often!

The god is barbaric and vengeful. Do something the god does not like...and the god goes ballistic. It is a monster...because it was invented by people who wanted a monster god.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 09:59 am
God is very fair..Smile
For example when he told Lot to get out of Sodom/Gomorrah because he was going to toast it, Lot said "But Lord, there must be some good people in there, surely you don't want them to be collateral damage?"
And God replied- "If I find 10 righteous people in there, I won't zap" (Genesis 18:32)
But obviously he couldn't find 10, so he wiped it out as being too far gone and depraved to be worth letting off the hook.

It's like when you were prepared to nuke Russki cities in your Air Force days, they were nearly all godless heathen commies so they deserved to be hit..Smile
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:32 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

God is very fair..Smile
For example when he told Lot to get out of Sodom/Gomorrah because he was going to toast it, Lot said "But Lord, there must be some good people in there, surely you don't want them to be collateral damage?"
And God replied- "If I find 10 righteous people in there, I won't zap" (Genesis 18:32)
But obviously he couldn't find 10, so he wiped it out as being too far gone and depraved to be worth letting off the hook.

It's like when you were prepared to nuke Russki cities in your Air Force days, they were nearly all godless heathen commies so they deserved to be hit..Smile

If there is a GOD...that GOD may be fair.

But we are talking about that preposterous, angry, tyrannical, jealous, murderous, barbaric god described in the Bible.

That god is a joke...and is anything but fair.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:18 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: that preposterous, angry, tyrannical, jealous, murderous, barbaric god described in the Bible.

I quite like him mate! If you don't, you'd better go find yourself Tinkerbell the fairy..Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:25 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: that preposterous, angry, tyrannical, jealous, murderous, barbaric god described in the Bible.

I quite like him mate!

Hey I get that, Romeo. There were people who quite liked Saddam Hussein, Idi Amin, Joseph Stalin, and Rush Limbaugh.

There is no accounting for taste.

Quote:
If you don't, you'd better go find yourself Tinkerbell the fairy..Wink

Why is that?
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:26 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
I quite like him mate! If you don't, you'd better go find yourself Tinkerbell the fairy..

Of those two concepts I'd have to go with Tinkerbell. At least she won't make you feel guilty for merely existing!
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:31 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I think the Greek and Roman Gods were pretty unfair too...I guess Gods don't care about our little problems like our child dying to cancer or a devout loved one getting raped....it's all part of the plan...it's always for the good. Also those heathen pagans had it coming...mercy or empathy is only for converts. Mercy and goodness is only for a select few. The rest don't matter.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:17 pm
@Germlat,
Do you realize that a world, a reality, with perfect order wouldn't move an inch ? "Good" is something far to big for you to understand.
I rather stick with a far more simpler single assertion about what I can say about good...my "experiencing" whatever it is is good.
Germlat

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:32 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
"Good" is something far too big for me(personally) to understand? Please ...I'd like to hear it's definition by those who are privy to it's obscure nature. BTW--I was being ironic of definitions of "good" in the previous post.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:36 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: I quite like him [God]! If you don't, you'd better go find yourself Tinkerbell the fairy..
JPLosman said: Of those two concepts I'd have to go with Tinkerbell. At least she won't make you feel guilty for merely existing!

I don't feel guilty for merely existing! Should I?
Are you gay? Relax, God only zapped the gays in Sodom/Gomorrah because they were totally evil and depraved, but not all gays are as nasty as them..Smile
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:01 pm
@Germlat,
Good, perfection, flawlessness, they all are opposite to any unfolding process...life is a process based on a precarious equilibrium where change can only happen because our faulty definition of good doesn't occur. Perfection as we normally define it is death. What actually is good is lacking perfect balance in the world. Whether you grasp it or not is beyond me and I don't care about it, make it what you want it to be.
Germlat

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:12 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Relax...I just see it differently. Is something flawed because of our personal or societal description of what qualities we've designated to the term? Think of physical beauty..the changes in standard that occur over time. Is nakedness of female breast immoral? The indigenous of the amazons may have a different view...or the wealthy vacationing in the French Riviera...I'm intrigued ..perfection is death? And I'm thinking you're not referring to what some Asians call "the little death".
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:24 pm
@Germlat,
I like to go straight to the core of things as far as I can grasp them instead of muddling in the mundane definitions of good and evil. I don't happen to think they are relative things as most do. My definition of good attempts a explanation coming from the pov of physics. Its an attempt at a scientific grasp on what the obscure wording might actually aim at. Simply put and in relation to our usage "good" is order that we can grasp and "evil" is order that we cannot grasp or control, we tend to call it chaos entropy and so fourth. Nonetheless we can transcend this pov relative to our species grasp of information structure and simply say that all that exists because it is possible it must be actually good. My criteria for good, ultimately, is existing. It means that things have purpose and a place in the chain of reality. All of them.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:38 pm
More, I could be as bold as to say, anyone believing there is actual evil in the world should immediately kill herself for coherence sake without blinking and with no regrets. Accepting reality for what it is is in its structure is intrinsic to being alive. It is true that we change stuff as we go, but that apparent unconformity regarding attempts of prediction and control about the future is part of the process of being and conforming to reality and accepting it as a whole... that is to mean, we don't change the rules by which we change stuff, what we change was to be changed already, itself it is a part of reality, of the realm of the factual...I have yet to see someone willing to correct the exact force of gravity out of a better idea on how the world should be.
As means of elucidating what I mean with reality as a whole picture a film in which the main character challenging the gods is set out to change reality...yeah, whatever he changes is part of the complete film already, itself the reality in which the character lived in. Reality is what it is and for lack of alternatives pretty much perfect and good and flawless !
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:57 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
It is the actual order of things throughout the all extension of reality's existence that dictates what is to be "good" and not goodness that dictates how the order of things should be. There is no before reality dictating anything. The world is what it is. Whatever comes to be self aware in such a world it is bound to work unfold and perceive within its established working rules. Trying to change reality is pretty much like a cat chasing his own tail. Whatever you change was bound to be changed before you set out to change it. Not because someone or something said so, but because it is done already.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 05:19 pm
By the way, while we are in the mood of speculating about the possible rational understanding of things that seem totally irrational I will give my closest possible definition of hell which is extinction. But since information is never lost and whatever is possible to exist will come to exist, hell forcefully must not exist as extinction is merely a partial absence between a repeating loop of order in which what had existed will come to exist again ad eternum. There is no absence of order. Order is everything.
Germlat

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 06:40 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
My loop of mundane responsibility & activities is interfering with my ability to give a proper response...one that should be granted. So I'll give it consideration and give a response later...the dishes are calling.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 07:47 pm
@Germlat,
Now I am left wondering what cleaning product you use while brushing the dishes... Wink