If "all is one" then why is my life I different than yours?

ripple

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 07:52 pm
Many religious or spiritual people claim that "we all are one and the same" or "we are all god". I have hard to believe this because this would mean that there only exists one consciousness (which could only be "mine" - you rest would only be soulless machines created by me).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,633 • Replies: 7
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 08:00 pm
@ripple,
ripple wrote:
(which could only be "mine" - you rest would only be soulless machines created by me).
Or you're a soulless machine created by me. Such was the conclusion of Mark Twain's _Mysterious Stranger_, over a century ago.
0 Replies

imans

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 10:52 pm
@ripple,
when u will reach to understand how ur sense of being is more the certainty of else existence then ur being then u would start to b in truth

u never deal with the right point bc u insist on gettin to b always in the wrong sense

since u r without doing anything then there is an existence certainty that noone realized so existence is about certainties result in being present without doing any

but u keep meaning powerful creators bc u actually mean ur wills to get in order to enjoy what u know being ur existence without doing, u want to stay while being rich which is not wrong but lyin is wrong when truth is obvious
when truth is certain then some certain rights exist that any being should b obliged to respect of course as existing before its own being
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 01:16 am
@ripple,
Some meditators would say that the "I" that claims possessions operates at a different level of consciousness than the "I" which realizes it is an aspect of "all". If in doubt about different levels, consider the "dreaming self" compared to the "usual self".
imans

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 04:49 am
@fresco,
it is all the difference between existence and freedom

what exist is dependant on reality of its own existence that it must keep workin to keep being constant

what is free is absolutely independant from all realities so it can pretend being or not being accordin to its own wills realisations alone

true existence is objective superiority while truth result is freedom
that is how existence is also objective freedom so the constant which is free in clearly being a reality of objective superiority

but also true freedom is the result of objective realisation and how individual freedom is a right when the individual is true or honestly being by himself

while then individual freedom is superiority right so in some perspective present really

truth is superiority

then what is true is at the same time present always, since always a plus
but also what is true is constant always, since always being and doing alone independantly same

truth is not one nor someone and that is how anything or any one will must b true first

truth is simply the concept of whtever really possible or meant, the way
0 Replies

Ding an Sich

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 10:18 am
@ripple,
ripple wrote:

Many religious or spiritual people claim that "we all are one and the same" or "we are all god". I have hard to believe this because this would mean that there only exists one consciousness (which could only be "mine" - you rest would only be soulless machines created by me).

That's false. Just because we are all one thing does not necessarily entail that there exists only one consciousness. We are all human beings, but that does not entail that there exists only one consciousness.

Take Spinoza's claim that God is the only substance and we are it's modes. This would entail that we are, in some way, God. But this does not entail that there exists only one consciousness, which would most likely be God (God would be the only mind).
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 12:34 pm
@ripple,
Many people have the thought you had within their lifetimes, there is in fact a part of reality which questions such on occasion of people. Take my advice and accept there is a certain amount of truth in everything.

On the same note, I have thought the same before, thus it is impossible. Or we are slid into meeting today, within a matrix of interconnected realities.

Its not true. Not true for 99% certain.
Many have believed such .. all the way down to maximum paranoia and back up to Demi-God status within themselves, sometimes they slaughter the other people around them. Though bear in mind at that point, initial response is usually correct, thus this cannot be classed as you, also if you would be so kind, note that external forces within God can and do tamper to extreme with psychology.

A percentage of people then ponder 'should the God debate exist'.. Since external energies are aware and do exist, you cannot change it.
0 Replies

Gwutzi

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 09:11 am
Ya do the topic injustice with much talking, its simple,.. we are all cups some are mugs, each having there own liquids to drink off, while some or most differ in there design.. in reality we are all humans drinking of a container liquids to stay alive. thus the same in that all we drink but of different containers cups mugs with different style or design some hot some cold some iced out; its as simple as that.

get some

all live the same live,.. ie staying alive, but they differ in the things we do nevertheless we all move we all jump we all count things worthy or unworthy to us... thus we all do the same essentials just they differ where and how... that is why there is such thing as religious truth ie scriptures, or truth found all around, same it is with consciousness
0 Replies