Old House Needs New Wall Ovens

Thu 6 Dec, 2012 10:44 pm
I have a 45 year old home with the original electric wall unit double ovens. They were made by Whirlpoole . The top oven is 23 inches wide x 29.5 inches in length and the bottom oven is 23 inches wide x 23 inches length. These ovens sit in a brick wall that backs up to our fireplace and cutting into the brick is problematic. Does such a replacement oven exist?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 6,312 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

Butrflynet

Fri 7 Dec, 2012 12:04 am
@Karen Smith,
Here ya go....have a look see.

http://www.whirlpool.com/kitchen-1/cooking-2/wall-ovens-3/102110007/
0 Replies

Scoo

Mon 26 Aug, 2013 09:26 pm
I have a house built in 1957 with small double oven replacement made about 30 years ago, microwave above, regular below. Both electric. It still works. I bought replacement knobs to look better. Then, removed cabinet with the cooktop and put in a full size free standing gas range. Near the ovens. Also nearby I have a portable microwave oven. All in stainless steel with some black. Looks and works really nice. The sink and dishwasher and disposer, all stainless steel as was the drainboard above the dishwasher were small, icky and never going to wear out. At considerable expense I removed all. The hole left was too big for a double sink and standard cabinet. So I put in a triple sink and cabinet. On the countertops were orange boomerang formica and there was also a back splash of the same and it was trimming the two windows. What I did about them was put cement board directly over the formica countertops and then 12 x 12 inch ceramic tile in a lovely finish that reminds one of beige with coffee stains and cigarette ashes and maybe spilled coke or tea. I chose the pattern by the size and they fit exactly using two in width and 8 in length. The other countertop was deeper, so I
Scoo

Mon 26 Aug, 2013 09:36 pm
@Scoo,
Continued. On the other counter top that was deeper, I made a belt at the center of smaller tile of the same pattern. I used white grout, not knowing about colored. I am careful where I put things down on the countertop and it still looks brand new. This was done 8 years ago. The floor was Armstrong lenolium and I replaced it with ceramic tile similar but larger and different from the counter tops, since I did not want it to look like a homemade job. A mistake. The Armstrong floor was so much user friendly and would have lasted forever. Ceramic floor hurts my feet and requires shoes. I had to do much more all over this older brick ranch home for me to stand it. Cost more than I expected. All of that old stuff was like new old nearly sixty year old finishes. Bathrooms
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Old House Needs New Wall Ovens
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 08:22:08