About the evaluation of a lesson

alinal

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 12:52 pm
Hello everybody,

Can u share ur experience about a good lesson, its structure and so on.

Today, my lesson was evaluated. To my mind, I did everything what I can that my pupils would master the new material (it was wors and how to pronounce them well). Every kid was noticed and got help if she or he needed and still the evaluation (the headmistress evaluated) was poor.
Actually, I am doing everything what I can and when I don't hear any good word just critics it seems....ECH, don't know even how to express this.
I don't say that I am a wunderkind, I also make mistakes just I think that when u teach u really work hard, prepare for lessons every day, always search for methods how to inspire pupils. I don't come to a classroom, sit on my chair, put my legs on the table and say: "Learn by urself" or "Do what u want".

So, maybe someone can give me advice what to do that a lesson would be good.

Thank u for ur opinion.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,536 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 01:27 pm
@alinal,
I doubt we can help without much more information. In what country are you teaching, by the way? I certainly hope it is not an English speaking nation.
Miss L Toad

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 04:33 am
@alinal,
My inner pedagogue tells me to ask the principal for advice after studying all the available literature on lesson planning eg.

http://teachingasleadership.org/sites/default/files/Related-Readings/IPD_Ch5_2011.pdf

I read and write because of teachers. Keep up the good work.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 04:59 am
@alinal,
You could learn how to spell, and how to put a sentence together.
0 Replies

alinal

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 05:38 am
@roger,
I teach in Lithuania.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 06:44 pm
@alinal,
Any decent evaluator would explain to you in detail why you received a less-than-acceptable evaluation.

Ask the headmistress exactly what you did incorrectly and take notes. Also ask her how she likes it done.

We follow a couple of protocols here, but I have no idea what teaching is like there. Considering America's horrific lack of success, any information I give you could make things worse. *snort*

1. Introduce the concept to be taught. Explain the standard or objective.
2. Explain new domain-specific vocab or terms they'll need to know to get through the lesson.
3. Model the skill.
4. Let them practice the skill with no pressure - like in a collaborative group.
5. Let them work on the skill on a more individual level - manipulate it.
6. Perform some low-risk formative assessment to see who's getting it - who needs remediation, more help.
7. Those that do get the concept can move up to more challenging material while you reach back and assist struggling learners to grasp the concept. Sometimes those quick learners can work with struggling learners a la Vygotsky-styled peer instruction.

Keep in mind this is American and we suck hard at education.

I prefer Project Based learning, but it's effing complicated to explain past the basic definition.
0 Replies

selectmytutor

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 05:20 am
@alinal,
Let us know more information.
0 Replies