Chrome, Chrome on the PC....♪♫♫♪ Now what?

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 08:23 am
I downloaded Chrome and I like it.

Should I now delete Internet Explorer?

Joe(inquiring minds need to know.)Nation

View best answer, chosen by Joe Nation
Setanta
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 08:27 am
Naw, there's no need to delete anything. I don't know what you use your browser for, but Chrome has its problems, too. I find that i switch back and forth.
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 08:40 am
@Setanta,
Have you managed to solve the constant "Shockwave Flash is not responding" problem, because I haven't.

I just go pour myself another cup of coffee.

Or do you have that problem with Chrome?

Joe(these are not major issues in my life right now, but still... .)Nation

djjd62

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 08:45 am
@Joe Nation,
see this by tsar

Is anyone else having a Google Chrome/Flash problem?

i've tried chrome from it's first incarnation, i always go back to Firefox
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 08:47 am
@Joe Nation,
Don't delete Internet Explorer. It's an integral (REALLY IMPORTANT) part of Windows.
Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 08:50 am
@Joe Nation,
Yeah, i have that problem, which is why you want to hang on to IE. I use IE, Firefox and Chrome. FF sucks, but sometimes its the only option. IE sucks for different reasons. When it works, Chrome is great. The problem is Flash player--it will crash in any of those three browsers. It does seem to give Chrome more heartburn that it does the others.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 08:51 am
@tsarstepan,
Agreed. It's not the same as deleting 3rd party software.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 08:55 am
@Joe Nation,
I have Safari and Chrome. Sozlet likes Chrome better (they use it at school) and it's kind of a nice way to separate our stuff on the same computer. I use Chrome occasionally too though. The round compass icon of Safari and the round red/yellow/green/blue pinwheely icon of Chrome coexist happily on my desktop.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 10:55 am
Just tried the Disable fix.
I'll let you all know in the next 30 Minutes.

Joe(I hate waiting )Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 12:00 pm
Disabling Flashplayer does the trick.

Joe(yes, yes and I said, yes.)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 09:26 am
Crap.
Disabling Flash makes all kinds of other things happen.....like really slow or NO loading of Scrabble, no YouTube play, no loading of any more than two tabs at a time without "the following pages are not responding." showing up. Meh!

Double meh!!

pissed

Back to Internet Explorer. I'll keep Chrome around until I'm sure I can find a way to have Goggle Docs on my phone and this computer.

Joe(crap)Nation
ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 09:51 am
@Joe Nation,
I like Scrabble best on Firefox though on the days Chrome and Flash are feeling friendly (after a 20 minute load time), it's all right on Chrome.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 01:43 pm
I don't think I could stand to have another browser on this 10 year old computer.

And it only takes about ten minutes of use for Flash to start sit-down strike with Chrome.

Joe(I'm done with this )Nation
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:41 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

I don't think I could stand to have another browser on this 10 year old computer.

WAIT A SEC!! Shocked Are you really trying to get these 2012 based browser to work on ... what? A Windows XP computer? Windows ME, (which would be worse)!? That's your problem. The latest IE isn't supposed to work on anything older then Vista and I bet that similar issues are involved with the latest Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Opera browsers as well.

You DON'T need a new browser. You need a NEW COMPUTER. Rolling Eyes
ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
They all work on XP.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 03:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
My browsers all work on XP. They'll have to drag me kicking and screaming to upgrade past XP. I'll probably switch to a Mac before I use Vista or any of the other farcical Windows "upgrades."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 03:30 pm
I sympathise with JoeNation. I bought my splendid mac in early 2006. Apparently there has been a 'dump' on fostering older systems. This is, ah, too bad, not just for me, but for part of the rest of the world.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 07:52 pm
I have XP.

Joe(I also have athlete's foot)Nation
0 Replies

samuelwilliam

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 11:17 pm
@Joe Nation,
Google chrome is so good and have better functionality, if you are used window OS and thinking to delete IE ,that are not possible that are inbuilt in windows OS.
0 Replies