Thu 29 Nov, 2012 11:33 pm
Many young boys aspire to be military men when they get older. Many kids have small G.I. Joes and army action figures. An origami military hat as a craft project that would likely make a boy's day. Paper military hats can be somewhat complicated to make. You can make the hat for your child or help him make one by following a few directions.
1. Paint your paper whatever color you'd like the hat to be. Traditionally military caps are green or black, but any color will do. You only need to paint one side, but you can paint both if you like. If you do only paint one side, make sure that when you begin making your hat, the painted side is face down on the surface. Wait for the paper to dry before beginning.
2. Lay your paper, painted side down, on a flat surface. Fold your paper in half from left to right and then unfold it, creating a crease. Next, fold your paper down in half longways and don't unfold.
3. Bring the left side to meet the center crease, then do the same with the right. This is just folding the halves in half. Now, you should have a paper folded in half with three creases going up and down the length of the paper.
4. Hold down the bottom right layer and bring the corner of the top right layer to meet with the center of the paper. Flatten the paper down. Repeat this step for the left side of the paper. Turn the paper over and bring the left edge over to the middle; crease and unfold. Do the same with the right.
5. Turn the paper back over and bring the bottom top layer of the paper up to meet the center horizontally. Crease it and unfold it, turning the paper over again. Repeat this step for the other side. Now, bring the bottom edges up to the center of the paper and fold.
6. Reach inside the finished product carefully and puff out the inside, creating a cap. Press down all the creases to ensure that your model stays how it is now. You've just created a paper military cap.
Thanks and Regards
Friends don't let friends eat spam. Stick that under your hat.
will a paper military hat go well with a brown bomber jacket?