60th Birthday Party Ideas

Mame

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 03:35 pm
Saw Soz's topic and thought I'd ask for additional ideas for mine.

Hosting my husband's 60th on November 30th. He wants a party so I told him it was Dec. 1st (his b'day is Dec. 2). Told him we were going out to a fancy restaurant on the 30th so I wanted him dressed up. So he thinks the party is Dec. 1st.

I'm doing a B&W theme, and everyone is to come dressed in black and/or white, plus everything else will be b&w. He's really big on birthdays, especially the big ones, so he really wants this party to be something special.

I'm providing all the wine and beer and everyone is to bring an appetizer. I'd do more but won't have room in the fridge with all the liquour in there. They'll just start showing up and that'll be the surprise part.

So far, I have two angel food cakes (his request) with white icing, but black icing in layers and writing on the top; black and white tablecloths, napkins, plates, candles (around the house and on the cake), and I guess I should get plastic cutlery since i have 40 people coming. I am going to do streamers, too.

Is there anything I've missed? Oh, I'm going to have a black photo board of pics from his life on it.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,593 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 08:01 pm
You could do black and white themed party music.

Song such as "Black or White" by Michael Jackson, "Men in Black" by Will Smith, "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall, "Fade to Black" by Metallica, "Black Magic Woman" by Santana, "White Liar" by Miranda Lambert, "White Wedding" by Billy Idol, AC/DC's "Back in Black", and Paul McCartney's "Ebony and Ivory" You can also play songs by the Black Eyed Peas, White Stripes, and Black Crowes.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 08:11 pm
@Butrflynet,
What about white and black-themed cocktails?

Black Dahlia
Black Martini
Black Russian
Black Vodka

White Russian
Naked Cosmo
Pina Colada
Creme de Cacao
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 05:12 pm
@Butrflynet,
That could be a fun CD.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 05:22 pm
Flowers! Daisies, maybe (I love daisies), but any white flower you fancy. I'd want some for the buffet table...are you having it buffet style? I'll need to scroll back. On a side table...and a small posy in the bathroom...that kind of thing. I might fiddle with a bit of white tissue paper and black satin-like fabric ribbon if I didn't think my vases were suitable.
Mame

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 05:30 pm
@Butrflynet,
Hey, great idea!!! Thank you!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 05:31 pm
@Joeblow,
Great ideas Wink I will be picking up my helium balloons that morning and stopping at Safeway for ice, so will look for white flowers - thank you!

And Butterfly's second one was good, too Smile
0 Replies