Importing from China

Simpan

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 03:40 am
Hi guys i am an electrician working in australia and ive been thinking about importing some electrical supplies from china.
I have a few questions to ask and if anybody can give any information at all it would be a massive help.
1.how long would it take for a shipment to reach sydney from china?
2.how do i know if the supplies are up to australian standards and regulations eg.cable?
3.as the price for a copper changes in relation to the markeet how do i know the true market value?
4.ive heard there are costs involved with shipping including taxes etc. what are all the costs to be considered for importing into australian shores?
5. id like to know if anybody has heard of any trade fairs including electrical and or trade products?
6.lastly id like to ask if anybody has done this kind of thing in the past and has contacts or advice on finding contacts to just give me a couple of tips
Any info what so ever would be a huge help !
thanks everyone Smile

Romen esko

Thu 15 Nov, 2012 01:25 am
@Simpan,
Hello Friends,

China presents massive opportunities for your business, regardless of whether you’ve been established for a while or are in start-up mode. But to be successful in your attempts to do business in China, you need to find the right supplier. This is extremely important considering there are potentially thousands of suppliers vying to make your product. The main factors to consider when deciding who to deal with are the levels of risk you’re prepared to accept and the amount of time and cost involved.
1. Using sourcing websites
2. Using an overseas trading company
3. Attending trade fairs in China
4. Using an Australian professional sourcing company
5. Do your research

Best Regards
Romen Esko
itsmadeinchina

Thu 28 Feb, 2013 01:40 am
@Simpan,
Hi Simpan email me I can help you kind regards David
Brannum12

Wed 13 Mar, 2013 02:10 pm
@itsmadeinchina,
I also want to buy some Intel cpu from china. I heard there are many fraud. Also They scam my $1600 named ryan Lee. Where I will get good intel cpu?
Eventglider

Sun 7 Apr, 2013 02:53 am
I have been importing from China for 2 years now, and there are many things one has to learn. But I will give you the best advice in a nutshell: You need a Sourcing Agent and a Shipping Agent. A good Sourcing agent will phone the factories for you after you told her what you need, and she will negotiate the best price for you. They normally take about 2% commission on your full order, and given that a sourcing agent will save you many thousands of dollars and do all your negotiations for you directly with the factories and not a middleman, in Chinese, and not English as you would, 2% is nothing.

You can try my sourcing Agent who is above reproach and honest to a cent:
Her name is JOY LIU and her Skype address is: joy_liu2008

Once you found your product, you need to get it Shipped, NEVER use the shippers that the factory recommend, as they usually get a kick-back, use a honest and fluent English speaking Shipping Agent, they will bring your cost per kilogram from around US$ 60 a kilo (via Courier) down to around US$ 12 a kilo depending on the total weight and type of product (some cost more than others due to airline regulations) and the Shipping Agent will advise you how to do it the cheapest way. If it is too expensive to do it via air, they will do it in a partial container for you which will save you about 60% on shipping cost.

Here I recommend my shipping agent, Ricky, his Skype address is: ricky-chen888

Good luck to you with your imports. You can save thousands of dollars by using the above methods.
Eventglider

Sun 7 Apr, 2013 02:57 am
@Simpan,
I have posted a lengthy reply at the bottom ot the page, this should help you considerably. Kind regards.
0 Replies

JaneWong

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 03:02 am
@Simpan,
Hi Simpan,it is easy to import goods from China . If the things you buy is not big very big or heavy ,you can choose to send by Aircargo or by Express (DHL ) .Tax depends on the customs in Australia and what goods .
Normally ,Tax it is paid by the customers in Australia .
If you would like to know more things ,you can ask me freely ! Nice day !
0 Replies

StevenShamar

Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:04 am
@Simpan,
Hello Friends,

Most of you probably don’t know this, but one of the very first profitable businesses I ran was an importing company. From the age of 13 til the age of 16, I imported a whole bunch of random stuff and sold it on various websites. It was really difficult when I was getting started, partially due to my lack of experience, and partially due to the fact that there was nobody there to help me. So this is basically going to be an A-Z guide on what I would do, step by step, if I was going to start over again at importing products from Asia and selling them online. I’ll also include some insights on what made me choose these steps. If you plan on trying this out, I would suggest bookmarking this blog post and referencing it in the future. I am planning on it being a complete guide and will be continually adding to it based on questions I get from readers.

Thanks and Regards,
Steven Shamar

Maple Liu

Sat 28 Sep, 2013 02:16 am
@Brannum12,
I think CPU shipped by express would be better. i am exporting fitness equipment.
0 Replies

Maple Liu

Sat 28 Sep, 2013 02:19 am
@Eventglider,
Good point! i am exporting fitness equipment from China.
0 Replies

EletronixAddict

Wed 18 Jun, 2014 04:51 pm
@StevenShamar,
I am beginning to import from China to USA, My immediate needs of shipping are for 11 cartons carton size:65*33*35, gw:11kgs/carton. I have a much heavier shipment of magnets to be shipped next week. Can you please share your wealth of knowledge with me? I could not see any info at the bottom of the page. electronixaddict at g mail.
Kate Owen
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 25 Jun, 2014 10:37 am
@Eventglider,
BEST answer! My experience exactly.
0 Replies

daniel1900

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 12:22 am
@Simpan,
I think that you need to search a famous website which can protect the seller and buyer in China. It will keep you away from fraud. After conversation, you must on business by personally! Many policies
0 Replies

chowmein87

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 07:04 am
I'm a British guy in Ningbo China with a product sourcing company. Let me do the work for you. Tell me what you are looking for at what quantity. I will get you a quote within 48 hours! Message me at [email protected]
0 Replies

bradleydaniel

Thu 18 Sep, 2014 03:43 am
@itsmadeinchina,
Which of the email spam together with you!
0 Replies

a85613022

Sun 19 Oct, 2014 08:29 pm
@Romen esko,
Dear MR/ MISS,
I am Micheal from CO-Logtistic CO. ltd, which is an Freight forwarding specialize campany in ShenZhen China. We are 6 year golden supplier in alibaba, We provide cheap and efficient freight service from China to global.
If you want to know more about our services, please feel contact me via
Email: [email protected]

Kind regards
Micheal
0 Replies

Chris7777

Fri 14 Aug, 2015 08:15 am
@Simpan,
I trusted Dan Spring and her company J&D International Group (http://www.jdintlgroup.com) back in the end of December 2014/January 2015 to help me purchase furniture in FoShan / Guangzhou (China). She seemed to be very nice and open. I sent her pictures of what I am looking for so that she could get an idea of where to navigate us.

My wife and I had planned 6 days. I spent 100USD a day for Dan´s service + 3% commission for the sourcing. During lunch we got to know each other better and spoke about business and so on. She told me how other purchase agents would rip off clients, get them bad prices, and take a commission from the shops. Dan told us face to face that she wouldn’t take any commission or whatsoever, that she believes in a good relationship, and fair dealing with her clients, and so on… – we really trusted her. Long story short…
Don’t fall into a trap by trusting her, she is only professional in taking out your money… Dan Spring, is only interested in money, and once she gets paid she doesn’t care anymore about her clients.

These are just a few of the bad things that happened:
- Dan started to be very pushy after we didn’t purchase anything after day 2. I told her to stop and that we needed some time to think. She was anything but professional. Every time we needed more time to think or were not sure about something she pushed us even more.
- Sometimes she just walked away and played with her phone. She didn’t really care after day 3 because we didn’t purchase as fast as she expected.
- my wife and I decided to go around the lighting market alone, and we really got very good prices – every time Dan was with us the prices were much higher. A lamp that I got offered for around 40USD cost 100USD when Dan was with me. Same shop, even the same vendor, just a different day.
- We decided to buy doors with a vendor; the vendor sent me a text message (happy to send you the conversation through WeChat) warning me that Dan asked her for commission. This vendor refused to pay and Dan seemed to get very angry about this. I didn’t know what to think at that time. I still trusted Dan who recommended me to buy the doors from someone else – and I would only find out later that the vendor was telling the truth. The picture attached was mistakenly sent to me by Dan´s company J&D International Group. You can see that she received commission from other shops and that she made up a bad story about the vendor to convince me to purchase from someone else (ask your Chinese friend to translate the remarks in red). If you cant read it at all, I am happy to send it to you by email.
- After returning back to my home country, and after making 70% of the down payment she started to tell me that some shops asked for an additional fee to keep the goods. We had a little delay because of Chinese New Year, and she made me pay a few hundred USD on top.
- A few goods were missing in the quality report (after they collected all the goods) but the price that they charged me was still the same. I told them to change the prices but they just didn’t care about it.
- I called up Dan, she was very hysteric and told me that she wants to send the goods away now because they have had them for a very long time. She charged me again here… They could only “control” me with extra fees because I already had paid a good amount of deposit (70%).
- The container finally arrived in the end of June. And we were in shock. As you can see from the pictures, a whole was inside, so a lot of water came in. I contacted J&D International Group and Dan Spring, but they just didn’t get back to me. If Dan Spring had done the work properly this would have never happened. This has been a very bad ending and a huge disappointment.

Always make sure to have a contract with people you work with. I was stupid enough to believe in what Spring Dan praised: trust.
If you want to know more or have any other questions please feel free to email me
[email protected]
0 Replies

Dealfon25info

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 07:07 am
@Simpan,
Hello,
We can do you a favor , if you are still interested in electronics .
Please contact me [email protected]

Kay
0 Replies

xiaotiny

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 01:59 am
@Simpan,
Hi, Simpan.
There are too much opportunities for your business in China. Millions of electrical supplies being manufactured everyday.
What's the services you need is following:
1.Shipping the products from China to Australia, is transport service.
2.China product sourcing service.
3.The payment service.
If there is still a need for that, please contact [email protected]

Kind regards
0 Replies