Florida...you know - any and all info

quinn1

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 05:46 pm
@jcboy,
I'm not sure where Snell is but...perhaps in my finding my way around I'll figure it out. Nice to meet you. Thanks for the information on Ybor. Smile
quinn1

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 05:59 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi osso..nice to see you and thanks.
0 Replies

quinn1

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 06:02 pm
@roger,
Hi Roger..nice to see you. Yeah...probably not the best job market but situations you make the best of...I'll go with better weather than NE for the moment.
0 Replies

quinn1

@roger,
Hi Roger..nice to see you. Yeah...probably not the best job market but situations you make the best of...I'll go with better weather than NE for the moment.
0 Replies

quinn1

@roger,
0 Replies

quinn1

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 06:25 pm
Pardon me while I figure out what the heck I'm doing...lol
Nice to see everyone and glad to be back and see you all

VERY nice to spend a day on the #1beach in the USA with a fellow A2ker and Photographer.
0 Replies

jcboy

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 07:12 pm
@quinn1,
You're welcome! and nice to meet you.

I was born and raised in CA, never lived any place else. I had visited Florida several times while on vacation. I wanted to start a new life, it had to be someplace warn and near the ocean so I choose Florida.

I bought here in August of 2009 but I didn’t move here until the first week in October of 09. I will admit I hated the first year. It was the coldest winter in 30 years! Then when summer came around it was hotter then hell! I thought to myself what the heck did I do!

But it only took one year. I got use to the heat and now I love it here. I started my new life and family here in Florida and I wouldn’t move back to CA for anything.
quinn1

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 07:29 pm
@jcboy,
Okay...so in a year I might know what to wear when...lol.

Very nice to hear you are happy here.
MMarciano

Sat 10 Nov, 2012 01:15 pm
@quinn1,
Welcome to Florida! I was born in Puerto Rico but have been living here since I was 17. The weather has never bothered me.

Jobs are still pretty scarce around here, might be a good idea to sign up with an agency, some of the temp jobs can turn out to be full time permanent.
quinn1

Sat 10 Nov, 2012 09:39 pm
@MMarciano,
Thanks.
Weather has turned a bit warmer now. Heck...shouldn't complain while enjoying the shorts in November. Haha.
Jobs are scarce everywhere .. ah well...it is what it is. Thanks for the info.
0 Replies

quinn1

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 09:50 pm
If one of you Floridians (or others if you know) could explain to me why everyone stands up on the beach at sunset I'd really like to know. Should I have my hand on my heart, take off my hat, sing a certain tune?

Bostonian blabber.....what the hell...It's not like we cant all see the giant orb...do you really have to stand? Is it something more like a double rainbow and I missed the pre party?
roger

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 10:01 pm
@quinn1,
I lived in Florida for seven years, mostly in the 50's, and never saw such a thing. One of those years was in Orlando, and it was a pretty fair drive to the beach, anyway.

Now, there is supposed to be something called "The Green Flash", but I think you have to be facing west to see it, and it's kind of rare. Maybe that's it, and maybe you can google the phrase. Maybe, of course, means exactly the same as maybe not.
Ragman

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 10:42 pm
@roger,
http://www.wikihow.com/See-the-Green-Flash

Standing for the Green Flash Mr. Green
roger

Tue 13 Nov, 2012 12:44 am
@Ragman,
Ahhh! Confirmation at last.

I do not make these things up.
0 Replies

quinn1

Tue 13 Nov, 2012 07:08 am
still doesn't explain why everyone has to stand.
Funny stuff though.
Ragman

Tue 13 Nov, 2012 09:04 am
@quinn1,
they got the green light (to stand).
0 Replies

AlliTiger

Thu 31 Jan, 2013 10:20 am
Just be prepared for warm weather all year. Some days will be unbearable while others will be perfect for beach days. North Florida is relaxing, central is not so bad but south Florida? Way too hectic.
0 Replies

bettybatchelor

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 05:17 am
@jcboy,
Great....
0 Replies