Should mad people be aloud to disrupt a forum endlessly in the name of freedom of expression ?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 04:56 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Your brief conversation with whoever was indeed referring to the incident on the title of this thread was it not ? A yes or no suffices...enough said !
Pearlylustre

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 07:15 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I hadn't noticed that you were the original poster and for what it's worth we weren't making fun of you because English isn't your first language ... you totally lost me in your last post. I hadn't realised that you weren't a native speaker because anyone can make a mistake like aloud/allowed - it happens all the time. Lood and I were just being mad people aloud and it was a private joke. Ignore me.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 07:20 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
This is why you aren't enjoying your experience on A2K these days, Fil. You keep engaging with people you find disruptive to your topic. Quit responding to the fodder they throw out for you to chew on.

http://us5.memecdn.com/Troll-bait_o_59195.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:09 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Ooo Oooo . . . can i ignore ya too ? ! ? ! ?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:11 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Settled and justified no harm done !
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:16 pm
So what's the alternative to allowed? Forbidden, I would think. How do you
propose such a one be forbidden?

And how do you define "mad"?
"Disrupt"?
"Endlessly"?

This is a slippery slope.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:19 pm
@Setanta,
Are you in lack of attention lately ? I am here for you friend ! Wink
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:22 pm
@George,
Common sense should be enough to bring together the meaning of it...be a pal and make a little effort, I am sure you are the helpful type... Wink
George

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:26 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Ah, yes. Common sense.
Sorry, Fil, that won't cut it as you very well know.

According to common sense, how is one to be forbidden?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:32 pm
@George,
What do you mean, forbidden to post, what else ? Like getting his ass kicked for spending 100% of its forum time joking the place top to bottom...and mind you that its a question posed to the community not a conclusion...its a starting point !
George

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:34 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
So you're saying he/she/it should be banned?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:37 pm
@George,
I am asking (genuinely) if it is reasonable to think about it given he/she /whatever may have a mental health problem on top of a really bad attitude...
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:43 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

I am asking (genuinely) if it is reasonable to think about it given he/she /whatever may have a mental health problem on top of a really bad attitude...

I concur with George. Even given all these factors, what is the solution? For a moderator to arbitrarily decide to eject this miscreant from our midst? Suppose someone got truly annoyed with you and your posts and decided that you're probably a mental defective? They'd just cut you off and refuse you entry to the A2k site?

It cannot be done without totally altering the entire democratic fabric of A2k. Again, that's what the 'ignore' function is for when someone's posts become intolerable. There are at least three people whose posts I never see because reading them invariably plays havoc with my blood pressure.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:54 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Well my question was more in the sense of asking is there a limit or should we stick to the ignore button...I can quite well comprehend the inherent risk of going the other way, bad to worse...I don't think a ban should be taken lightly either...
George

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 09:26 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I think there should be a limit, Fil.
But it has to be well-defined.
0 Replies