Obama victory thread

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 11:15 pm
AMERICA-AA, **** YEAH!!!

This thread isn't for calm discussion. This thread is for emotional exhortation, for celebrating the triumph of one worldview over another.

Discuss

Cycloptichorn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 23 • Views: 4,707 • Replies: 52

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 11:23 pm
Sore winner
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 11:23 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Sore winner

Guilty

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 11:35 pm
I mean, man!!!! I am so relieved that the world doesn't have to be subjected to more bush-like years of government by the rich for the rich, warmongering cowboy foreign policy, and tone deaf retrograde lack of leadership on social issues. For AT LEAST 47% of us, life under a Romney administration would have been darker, colder and sadder.

Yes my brother. AMERICA WINS tonight!!!!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 12:27 am
I truly thought Romney was going to steal it... I'm SO ******* HAPPY TO BE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 12:29 am
I hope you are right but what I hear on the conservative news sources, they are all conservative, even we have a democratic president and a democratic senate, he, the president is going to have to give way to the house republicans like he has done for the last two years. If he lets the Bush tax give away lapse I will indeed be glad I voted for him.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 12:41 am
One world view is that Obama was the lesser of two evils.

That kind of electioneering is nearing the end days of American exceptionalism.

The free-speech internet, including the real debates between the real candidates, is just the start of the new democracy for America.

http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2012/10/23/watch_full_expanding_the_debate_special_from_oct_22_featuring_jill_stein_rocky_anderson
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 01:24 am
@Builder,
Quote:
This president must throw off his arrogance and learn from his mistakes, otherwise his tenure will go down in history as a succession of failures. Unemployment remains high. The national debt breaks one new record after another. Infrastructure is in decline. University education is threatening to become a privilege for the rich. Obama's health care reform has helped millions of Americans, but at a considerable price, because the US cannot afford this reform, or indeed any other social benefits - at least not at the moment.
In the coming four years, Obama must focus on the economy. He should reach out to the Republicans, and should be more willing to make compromises. But he should lead, not mediate. Unlike Romney, he has never learned to lead. How could he? As a social worker in Chicago? As a university academic? Before Obama became president, he was just a local politician, or a senator - not a state governor, as Romney was. Even now, insiders describe the president as a stranger in his own cabinet, where members wait in vain for clear orders.

http://www.dw.de/a-leader-without-leadership/a-16358098

another view is that we are fucked
Builder

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 01:47 am
@hawkeye10,
It's early dayz yet, hawkeye.

While insider trading remains legal for the prez and congress, criminals will be drawn to capitol hill like bears to honey.

Many small steps. Bloodless coups are rarely overnite affairs.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 01:49 am
@hawkeye10,
Someone should point out to this gentleman that if the conservatives couldent find someone to beat Obama after most of the people werent pleased with the economy than they will never find one in the conservative camp. And I believe this man is a conservative so has a biased opinion.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 05:07 am
I didn’t know Obama won until this morning. I didn’t stay up for the election results.

I’m proud of our country today!
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 05:12 am
@jcboy,

same here.
was fully expecting a drawn-out replay of 2000.

clicked on CNN, saw the http://hotfile.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/checkmark.png in the lower right-hand corner... Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 05:20 am
@hawkeye10,
All those views sound fine HAwkee but the simple fact that Romney NEVER shared a core belief that he didnt later sacrifice. He was "So open to personal change" that he scared many voters.
Everything Romeny stood for that was substantive had alrady been occupied by the Obama team. Romney, being a businessman, should recognize that when you distinguish your product from another, you cant say that "I can do the same thing this other guy does but better". Thats a ME TOO philosophy and it usually loses .

As far as leaderwhip, Romney only wishes he had Obamas record to show off. Health Care, saving the auto industry, bin Laden, social promises to his constituency (he kept his promises), pretty good for four years.
The fact that the economy began to turn the corner in mid 2012 was like Obamas Vicksburg nd Atlanta campaigns.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 05:25 am
Very happy that the voters suppression attempts of the GOP seems if anything to had back fire on them causing a turn out even larger then the 2008 election among those very groups that the GOP had wished to keep from the polls.

Thanks to Governor Scott of Florida actions in cutting the early voting days almost in half a lot of us needed to stand in long lines to vote but it was more the worth it to say the least.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 05:32 am
I voted for him to help stop the advance of Teaparty "philosophy." These next four years will make or break the push to reasonableness.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 05:34 am
@BillRM,
attemps at fraud did happen in PA. There were several voting machines that DID NOT accept a vote for Obama and these machines were happily clicking along until someone complained in EBENSBURG (a deeply RED town)

Provisional ballots were at short supply and that caused the "Committee of 70" to get into action and supply more
farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 05:35 am
@farmerman,
Water Boy should soon be giving his concession speech
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 05:39 am
solipsister

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 05:50 am
@edgarblythe,
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 06:09 am
@farmerman,
I was hoping for that too, but not holding my breath.

0 Replies