believe in god!

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 05:13 pm
@roammer,
Nice try at revisionism (not!), but you have the problem that people can go back, read the posts, and quote them to you.

This was your post:

roammer wrote:
Setanta wrote:
If you are not in fact a Muslim, you're doing a wonderful job making appear that you are. Your gender is meaningless here. Perhaps you could start over, and answer JPB's question. How do you define god?

Thank u for believing me, actually Allah is the Jewish's god and that Adjectives i wrote , are about Allah, but if anyone believes god by these signs is not Muslim no exactly, i believe in god but i can't believe prophets and prophecy.
I believe this god's definition because it's perfect.... I think.

You said that Allah is the god of the Jews. That's bullshit. Get over it.

maxdancona

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:05 pm
@Setanta,
Allah is as much god of the Jews as God is god of the Jews.

It is the same guy with the same myths and the same creation story. You can only have one creator of the earth (accepting the same myth). But it goes further with the same story of Abram and Isaac and Noah.

There is no difference other than one of language.

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:08 pm
@maxdancona,
You're as dense as roammer. Maybe you two should get a room.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:36 pm
@Setanta,
Get over yourself Setanta.
Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 08:39 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm fine with myself, it's clowns like you who are hard to take.
roammer

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 09:26 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I'm fine with myself, it's clowns like you who are hard to take.

Dear Setanta, please don't be fanatic, as you said people can read to judge, the first of all, important is the definition of god or Allah or any reality that has a same definition and next i told you attributes of God(my god ).
Now, if you wanna persist on what you said, it is not my problem and... really i have no time for any discussion like ... this! yes you right!
0 Replies

roammer

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 09:35 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Nice try at revisionism (not!), but you have the problem that people can go back, read the posts, and quote them to you.

This was your post:

roammer wrote:
Setanta wrote:
If you are not in fact a Muslim, you're doing a wonderful job making appear that you are. Your gender is meaningless here. Perhaps you could start over, and answer JPB's question. How do you define god?

Thank u for believing me, actually Allah is the Jewish's god and that Adjectives i wrote , are about Allah, but if anyone believes god by these signs is not Muslim no exactly, i believe in god but i can't believe prophets and prophecy.
I believe this god's definition because it's perfect.... I think.

You said that Allah is the god of the Jews. That's bullshit. Get over it.

If you can't read this, please don't heart yourself!
Quote:

First of all, i wanna tell you something about Ibraham's god (or god of ibrahim that he made ), Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Baha'i Faith are sometimes called "Abrahamic religions", because they all accept the tradition that God (Hebrew: יהוה Yahweh or YHWH (see Tetragrammaton), often rendered as Jehovah (יְהֹוָה) in English; Arabic: الله Allah; Aramaic: Elah or Alaha) revealed himself to the patriarch Abraham. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Abrahamic_religions) , but at the during of the time it change's to allah for example The numerous names for god have been a source of debate among biblical scholars. Elohim (god, or authority, plural form), El (mighty one), El Shaddai (almighty), Adonai (master), Elyon (highest), Avinu (our father), are regarded by many religious Jews not as names, but as titles highlighting different aspects of YHWH and the various 'roles' of God, and as you know alla (الی له) sound's just like allah or allakh(ال اه), but anyway you know it, mohammad and Moses are from Abrahim's family!
And about the exist and my definition for god! I should say, first i said i have no strictly idea and i'm here for understand new idea for myself, Also i said god(on my believe) is allah because i think it is perfect and complete, as for a good definition for god or allah i can say , the god is reality of exist not self-exist as i know, and this reality of exist will require the quality and adjectives of god( the long list!!!!), and it is marvelous truth about the god is that the nature is manifestation of God.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 03:31 pm
I see. So you're a Muslim who won't admit it. Charming.
roammer

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 08:35 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I see. So you're a Muslim who won't admit it. Charming.

http://www.adamzyglis.com/images/cover11.jpg
0 Replies

eisen3

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 01:26 pm
@roammer,
Let me ask you this, do you accept that everything you claim to know could be totally wrong?
eisen3

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 01:27 pm
@roammer,
Do you believe in the absolute law of logic, knowledge, morality, and truth?
0 Replies

eisen3

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 01:28 pm
@Setanta,
Do you believe in absolute laws?
fresco

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 01:33 pm
@eisen3,
Hey eisen, did you join the "Painful Pleasures" forum ?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 11:19 pm
@eisen3,
If you don't know it can be wrong, you don't understand what is right.
0 Replies

nevinweeks

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 01:09 am
@roammer,
Is this tacts of attracting more controversial discussions here?
0 Replies

gracecleverly11m3

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 03:51 pm
I personally believe in God; however I also can understand why people find it hard to believe and often question his existence. Even though I was brought up a Christian I have often questioned god myself. Things that really help me stay strong in my faith are that every day, all I have to do is look around and there is proof of god; the flowers; the sky; the sea etc. all of these things have a complex and details structure and everything has a purpose, how could this have come about by coincidence, there must be a creator, right? If I said to you that I one day went to visit a volcano and suddenly the lava began to form together bit by bit and create a glass circle, then leather formed from products in the ground, then little bits of sand and lava formed small hands and they all formed together and made a working watch that ticked and had the correct time and I wear it now and it evolves into a digital watch you would say I was stupid!! So why do we believe this happened to the world and humans and animals, they just came together by chance and a working every day, world formed on its own in space??? Also how do you explain the miracles that happen every day, babies being born, people being healed of disease and there are loads of this every day. I know there are bad things that happen every day that make people question god like war and murder, this is because god gave us free will, as if he made us all the same and perfect then there would be no point in having life, because we have free will we can make our own choices and sometimes they are bad. Everything that happens in the world happens for a reason and something good WILL come out of it! So it’s up to you if you believe in god but I think these are pretty good reasons to!!
0 Replies

timur

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 03:58 pm
Gracecleverly wrote:
Everything that happens in the world happens for a reason and something good WILL come out of it!

When will it happen, in 1 million years?

(I know, it's only a second for god)
AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 11:13 am
@roammer,
I believe and came to belief through the life and teaching of Jesus. I became a Catholic because I could see that Jesus instituted a Church to protect His teaching on Faith and Morals.

I can't prove it to you because you don't care enough. If you cared even a little you would have questions and thoughts and not just one bare dare : I dare you to convince me.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 11:23 am
philistine brother wrote:
I dare you to convince me.

Ignorant proselytizers cannot be convinced.

They can only utter their word salad, knowing they have no archaeological evidence that Jesus ever existed.

It comforts them believing that there will be a life after this one.

So needy!
AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 11:57 am
@timur,
You are proselytizing, you know.
0 Replies