A debt from when I was a minor?

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 08:11 am
I was reminiscing about the passed and remembered my first cellphone which I got using my government issued paypal card from working during the summer. It was a Cricket phone and I got it online. I had it for a couple of months, but school started and my summer job ended, so I stopped paying it and it naturally disconnected itself and I figured that was that. This was 4 years ago and I lived in DC at the time and I was under the age of 18. Now, I curiously checked online and Cricket says that they keep charging you unless you disconnect it. I figured if that was so, I must have a huge debt by now since I never disconnected it. I tried checking my credit score online, but I don't have one since I've never had a credit card. Also, I haven't been getting bills in the mail for this at all.

I'm scared that one day, a couple of years from now, I'll suddenly get a bill that says I owe a million dollars or something. What do you think will happen?

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 08:39 am
@PinkLipstick,
PinkLipstick wrote:
What do you think will happen?

I think you will continue to live in dread terror of the unknown until you call Cricket customer service and ask if you still have an account with them.
PinkLipstick

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 02:23 pm
@joefromchicago,
I tried that but I can't get passed the machine to get to a real person. It only gives me 3 options, you can either press:

1 if you're a new customer,
2 to reactivate a Cricket account, or
3 if you're a current Cricket customer.

Either one I press, they ask for a cell phone number (if I press one, they tell me to look at the back of my newly purchased phone) and I don't remember the old one since it was so many years ago.

*Edit*

Hah! Tricked the machine! I finally got someone!! They said that after 30 days of not paying it gets automatically disconnected and it doesn't keep a survey because it's non-contract. I asked her to look me up and I don't even appear in the systems! Yay!
djjd62

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 02:28 pm
@PinkLipstick,
press 0 (zero) most automated systems will default to a real person if you press 0
PinkLipstick

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 02:36 pm
@djjd62,
Thank you very much!!
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 02:51 pm
Also, please try to master the difference between "past" and "passed."
sozobe

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 02:54 pm
@PinkLipstick,
PinkLipstick wrote:
Hah! Tricked the machine! I finally got someone!! They said that after 30 days of not paying it gets automatically disconnected and it doesn't keep a survey because it's non-contract. I asked her to look me up and I don't even appear in the systems! Yay!

Great news! Glad that worked out. And good for you for checking instead of just fretting about it.
PinkLipstick

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 05:53 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Ah! Totally missed that. I was honestly more concerned with posting the question as soon as possible than checking it for grammatical errors.
PinkLipstick

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 05:55 pm
@sozobe,
I couldn't have done it without you wonderful people! Thank you very much! I really appreciate it!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 06:23 pm
@PinkLipstick,
I used the word passed by mistake fairly recently. Saw it glaring at me some time later. Now, of course, we'll both be superaware of that word.
0 Replies