Skype premium rip off

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 02:02 pm
Skype have treated us very badly. We purchased the Premium service so we could group call from our English School. If one of the group is on an Ipad - the group call doesn't work for you even if you are running a PC. They refuse to make a refund even though we requested it within 1 day of ordering. It is a disgrace. Has anyone else had such a problem with Skype customer service?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,513 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 02:25 pm
@sevensummitsenglish,
They do have a 30 day free trail offer. If it were me I'd call my credit card company and dispute it.
dyoung

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 05:28 pm
@jcboy,
This copy of my "tech support" session speaks for itself.

Summary: You won't get what you paid for AND we won't give you a refund.

Note the form wouldn't allow me to paste in my screen save from the session, but I have it. Here is a typed in transcript:

John Michael B. (Skpye Tech Support)
I apologize for the inconvenience. But it doesn't seem that there's a way for your Skype Premium to have a free calling subscription.

John Michael B.
You need to purchase and pay for a separate calling subscription for US and Canada.

david.young.spain (Me)
It says right here: http//www.skype/com/en/premium/ that you get a free region.

John Michael B.
Yes. But, before you can get the free calling subscription you need to have no calling subscription of the same kind.

John Michael B.
When you purchased the Skype Premium, you have an active Unlimited US and Canada subscription.

John Michael B.
That basically hindered the free calling subscription with your Skype Premium. You only got the Skype Premium, no free calling subscription.

david.young.spain
Ok, but if you check my purchase history, or your support records, you'll see a Premium purchase, Premium refund, Premium purcahse, as I talked with tech support the last time. Your collegue supposedly fixed that and then I repurchased the Premium with US calls. I understand that you're saying it didn't work. So are you also saying that even though the Skype site clearly states that I'm entitled to the free US calls you can't give them to me?

John Michael B.
I apologize for the inconvenience, but you are correct.

david.young.spain
Look the last guy couldn't add them either which is why I had to cancel and repurchase. Let's just cut to the end. If I cancel the subscription, how much of the money do I get back?

John Michael B.
If you cancel the Skype Premium now, you won't get a refund as it is already used. According to Skype's Terms of Use that you have agreed with, we can only process refund for unused adn active products.

John Michael B.
If proceed with cancelling the Skype Premium, technically, you will only cancel the auto-renewal.

david.young.spain
I paid for six months. I've not used six months.

John Michael B.
The subscription will still run until the expiration next year.
rupert123

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 03:39 pm
I would like to know how do you reach to Skype tech support if you can't access to your account??
I was offered that 30 day free subscription and this is what I got
Have you ever tried Sky Support??? ... is a no way to contact anyone!!! Skype has my payment information a way to debit money from my account but no one way to solve the most ridiculous issue...SIGNING INTO MY ACCOUNT... I have the right username sent to me by SKYPE I got the right password and when I attempt to sign in all I get is a message that says "sorry your username is not recognized" then after trying a few more times I cant do nothing at all for 24hrs for " Security Reasons" the system says... WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ???? Call to my PayPal service because they will answer the phone calls and tell them to stop SKYPE from taking payments from my PayPal account I guess is like the only solution at the moment.
I sent to SKYPE a message directly through FACEBOOK and still no one word from SKYPE SUPPORT>>> is sad that this I used to think was an amazing company it comes out as one of the most horrible companies to deal with when it comes to SKYPE SUPPORT>>> COME ON PEOPLE FROM SKYPE STEP IT UP!!!!
"YOU HAVE PLENTY OF RESOURCES TO MAKE AN AWESOME AND MORE RELIABLE SUPPORT SYSTEM FOR YOUR PRECIOUS CUSTOMERS" Don't you think?
Any ideas on what to do? I would really appreciate it.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 08:35 pm
@dyoung,
dyoung wrote:

You won't get what you paid for AND we won't give you a refund.

Yeah especially after a year.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 09:30 pm
@sevensummitsenglish,
change your bank or credit account. That'll screw them.
0 Replies

Martin84Z

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 02:33 am
@jcboy,
yes the dispute will be the only option left now.
0 Replies