Will tablets replace laptop computers?

kwb2977

Mon 22 Oct, 2012 07:25 pm
Does anyone think that tablets will replace laptop computers?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 74 • Views: 37,787 • Replies: 80
Topic Closed
No top replies

tsarstepan

Mon 22 Oct, 2012 07:28 pm
@kwb2977,
Not completely. Tablets can only come in certain sizes. There will still be a need for both desktops and laptops with certain size screens for work and yes pc games.
dalehileman

Mon 22 Oct, 2012 08:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
Yea Tsar, the tablet could have some limitations

http://able2know.org/topic/200427-1
0 Replies

Steven Brooks

Wed 24 Oct, 2012 11:02 pm
@kwb2977,
Hello Community,

Some tablets already come with physical keyboard docks and advanced quad-core processors, bridging the gap between power and portability. As everything is advanced in science and technology, I think the tablet will replace the laptops, but it will take some time.

Thanks and Regards,
Steven Brooks
dalehileman

Thu 25 Oct, 2012 10:26 am
@Steven Brooks,
Quote:
I think the tablet will replace the laptops,
That's my impression as well. However don't you find the tablet comparatively awkward for activities such as this
shwetamishra

Fri 2 Nov, 2012 05:56 am
@dalehileman,
It shouldn’t come as any surprise that publishers can make or break their financial outcomes based on one book. Just as the erotica genre as a whole garnered widespread acceptance from both the industry and the readers following the popularity of the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy (Viking), Scholastic saw a surge in sales for both print and digital with the publication of the Hunger Games trilogy, aimed at young adult readers but enjoyed by crossover fans.
dalehileman

Fri 2 Nov, 2012 10:39 am
@shwetamishra,
Quote:
that publishers can make or break their financial outcomes based on one book.
Thank you Tam for that report. However, how does it bear on my q whether using the smaller tablet it might be difficult to participate in a forum such as this
djjd62

Fri 2 Nov, 2012 10:46 am
@dalehileman,
it doesn't, it's a poor spam attempt by somebody who doesn't understand the language
dalehileman

Fri 2 Nov, 2012 10:52 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

it doesn't, it's a poor spam attempt by somebody who doesn't understand the language
Thanks dj but you might have to elaborate on that response
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Tue 20 Nov, 2012 09:39 am
I don't know if tablets will replace laptops, but they do have a niche, and will expand the number of users.

I have a 27" iMac, and an iPad. I have read that regular computers are becoming less and less important in the computer world, but I would not give this baby up for anything.

I use my iPad for certain things, like when I am away from home, and play certain games. I find that a conventional keyboard is much easier to use than the touchpad. Also, I watch a lot of stuff on Hulu+. I have the large computer connected to a Zvox speaker, so I can get much better sound than on the iPad.
christiecornell

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 12:03 am
@kwb2977,
I don't think tablets will replace laptops. Because tablets are quite expensive then laptop computers. But on the other side it is possible . It mainly depends on the use of the person and use of technology increasing day by day .
0 Replies

dalehileman

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 11:22 am
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:
I find that a conventional keyboard is much easier to use than the touchpad.
Indeed Nix as a touch typist I can't imagine having to deal with touchpad
0 Replies

mikkel

Fri 16 Aug, 2013 12:42 am
@kwb2977,
There is always requirements of laptops and tablets at their required places. Laptops can never be replaced completely by tablets but at some areas.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 8 Sep, 2013 10:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Not completely. Tablets can only come in certain sizes. There will still be a need for both desktops and laptops with certain size screens for work and yes pc games.

I'm thinking both laptops and desktops are doomed.

PC games are probably going to have to move to the console universe.

For work that requires a larger screen, there might be computers roughly the size of a desktop computer, but they will probably be more along the lines of what we would think of as a workstation -- both more powerful and more expensive than a traditional desktop.
0 Replies

ShirleyRogers

Sun 18 May, 2014 11:23 pm
@kwb2977,
Hi your question is will tablets replace laptops? Then answer is Yes but eventually. Because some tablets already come with physical keyboard docks and advanced quad-core processors but when bridging the gap between power and portability for laptop and computers will get fill then but obvious people will use only laptop instead of computers.
Thanks
Lordyaswas

Mon 19 May, 2014 12:37 am
@ShirleyRogers,
Shirley you're not copy pasting most of Steven Brooks' post, some twelve entries back up this page? Shirley not.

And don't call me Shirley.

Here's his post....."Some tablets already come with physical keyboard docks and advanced quad-core processors, bridging the gap between power and portability. As everything is advanced in science and technology, I think the tablet will replace the laptops, but it will take some time. "

Funny dat.
0 Replies

ulinka

Thu 18 Feb, 2016 06:55 am
@tsarstepan,
i found laptops still more convenient in use than tablets
toddhicks209

Tue 1 Mar, 2016 03:45 am
I prefer to use a regular computer and don't want to use the internet on tablets or smartphones. Also, some websites and surveys cannot be accessed on these devices.
0 Replies

ulinka

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 11:51 am
@ulinka,
unless if they impove somehow tablets
0 Replies

HaroldKRoy

Fri 25 Mar, 2016 06:08 am
@ulinka,
Me too..
I don't think laptop will replace the tablets. They need to be improved a lot.
0 Replies