Our tabs have been rescued

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 11:45 am
I hasten to assure my apparent detractors on a2k that this suggestion too might seem trivial, as with the scroll bar, since that most of us evidently don't use tabs, so please feel free to skip this OP. Us few who do however, might mull over the implications

For years I had complained to Mac that he was continually destroying work in progress by deleting my tabs. I had speculated that he gives bonuses to his editing programmers for finding a new way an inadvertent keystroke would result in their instant loss

But finally he adopted my suggestion that it should be more difficult to lose them. Since the last rev they now pile up indefinitely, even reappearing after a shutdown and reboot

….and thank you Mac for finally paying attention to my pleading. But finally deleting the surplus one at a time is pretty tedious. At least you could have flashed a warning message, eg, "This tab is already open in two places, are you sure you need another"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,549 • Replies: 6

djjd62

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 12:42 pm
All Your Tabs Are Belong Us
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 10:53 am
@dalehileman,
After using the new prov couple of days I like it very much because it makes my favorite sites instantly available at a single click

Thanks again Mac for once listening to me

For a while forever they're going to pile up 'til I get used to the idea they're all so easily accessed

But does nobody else use tabs
dalehileman

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 11:42 am
@dalehileman,
Oh incidentally don't depend on them, it's still possible to delete them all with a single inadvertent keystroke. I've been after Mac for years on this account but apparently he's unable to reproduce the glitch

Why do I feel I'm so alone
roger

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 01:42 pm
@dalehileman,
You should not feel alone. I bet everyone at Mac knows your name.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 01:47 pm
@roger,
Quote:
I bet everyone at Mac knows your name
….and don't like me
roger

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 01:55 pm
@dalehileman,
Heh Heh!
0 Replies