Where can I get a lawyer? I want to cash in on a hit and run accident.

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 05:17 pm
Moon formed from humongous Earth collision, new theories attempt to explain
The new research potentially plugs a big hole in the giant impact theory, long the leading explanation for the moon's formation.
http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2012/1018/Moon-formed-from-humongous-Earth-collision-new-theories-attempt-to-explain

Who can I sue for this never reported hit and run accident? Does anyone want to join my potential class action lawsuit against this mystery defendant?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,943 • Replies: 13

dlowan

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 01:28 am
@tsarstepan,
How have you suffered?
Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 03:03 am
Stupid article: ". . . carnage that would have been wrecked . . ." That's the second time in as many days that i've run across a journalist so stupid that they've never heard of the word wreak--". . . carnage that would have been wreaked . . . " Those are the idiots that i want to sue.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:08 am
@Setanta,
I want Sue myself. Except that I am married and can only admire her from afar.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:19 am
Yeah . . . don't mention that to the girl, 'K?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:40 am
@Setanta,
Is that the same as wrought?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:49 am
No.

Wrought derives from the Old English wrycan, as does the noun and verb work. Wroght isd the past participle, means something which has been worked, such as wrought iron. Wreak derives from Old English wrecan, which means to punish or avenge. In modern English, wreak exists almost exclusively in the expression "wreak havoc." Havoc means general destruction, from an Old French verb meaning to plunder. When English armies would take a city in France during Hundred Years War, the soldiers would often begin shouting "havoc!" signalling their intent to murder, rape and loot. If not restrained by their officers, that's just what they'd do.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 07:52 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

How have you suffered?

Crying or Very sad Emotional distress.... Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
I just can't stop crying because of the repressed memories of this horrible catastrophe has surfaced after reading that article... and this one as well.
Scientists confident moon born of colossal Earth collision that vaporized Zinc
Researchers examined rocks collected by astronauts during NASA's Apollo lunar landing missions, as well as a meteorite that originated on the moon to make the find.
http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2012/1017/Scientists-confident-moon-born-of-colossal-Earth-collision-that-vaporized-Zinc
Zinc is one of my favorite elements.... Crying or Very sad Why did some zinc have to die?!
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 07:57 am
@tsarstepan,
I don't think either of these articles defines who was at fault, so we will have to sue both parties for obvious inattention while orbiting.

Joe(If they were sailing ships, the moon would have the right of way)Nation
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 08:45 am
@tsarstepan,
Emotional duress for the moon's inconstancy.
jespah

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 09:38 am
@Setanta,
Thanks.

PS Sue Selene (Moon goddess) and anyone named like that, e. g. Celine Dion. She's been causing me emotional distress for years, plus she's good for a few bucks, even though they are Canadian.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 10:32 am
You know, these days, a Canuck dollar is worth more than a Merican one . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 03:04 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Emotional duress for the moon's inconstancy.

You can't sue for acts of goddess.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 03:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
No life, therefore no repressed memories....unless your head is made of rock?
0 Replies