Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 01:37 pm
There's a phrase I often use, "...at 81 years with incipient Alz's..." to excuse one kind of blunder or another; and I often need a code not available in the forum I'm using, eg, " "

...so Is there a way I can make such a phrase or code appear with a single keystroke, that is command-s or the like

I know it can be done because I used to know how, but ...at 81 years with incipient Alz's...

Thanks for your attention to my ridiculous needs

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 01:54 pm
@dalehileman,
You could just turn that into your site signature.

Goto your account profile page:
http://able2know.org/account/profile/

There is a text box which allows you to have a signature (not pictures) of no more then 250 characters.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 01:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thank you Tsar but forgive me if I wasn't clear. I want a keystroke that will work at any forum or site etc. For instance composing any message anywhere I can capitalize a Word by highlight, Edit, Transformations, Capitalize

…though that particular example is pretty cumbersome and tedious. I'd be happier with Mac if he made such editing easier
djjd62

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 02:12 pm
@dalehileman,
i don't think tsar misunderstood, he simply suggested the only option he could think of
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 02:19 pm
@djjd62,
You hit my answer on the tip of the nose DJ. ((ouch!))
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 02:19 pm
@djjd62,
here's something you could copy and paste as your signature

Your Attention Please,This Is A Public Service Announcement Regarding dalehileman: "...at 81 years with incipient Alz's...", Please Consider This When Approaching, Thank You
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 03:42 pm
@dalehileman,
That's easy for me to answer:

I don't know.

Laughing
dalehileman

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 10:23 am
@Lustig Andrei,
I supposed if I weren't so lazy I could find the answer Googling; but I'm surprised art a sophisticated site like a2k someone wouldn't have an immediate answer

..but thanks guys anyway
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 10:51 am
@dalehileman,
Aren't there things like "macros" that can do that?
dalehileman

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 10:58 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yes, yea, Frank, exactly, you're on the right trak
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 11:05 am
@dalehileman,
I used to have a system for setting up macros in Word...so that I could put my name, address, and phone number with the stroke of a key. I honestly do not remember how to do it anymore (poss. early onset Altz), but it is worth investigating to deal with the problem in the OP.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 11:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
http://www.pcworld.com/article/238709/create_a_keyboard_shortcut_to_insert_your_e_mail_address.html

Just substitute "custom text" where it says "E-mail address."
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 11:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
but it is worth investigating
Thanks kindly Frank, it's not everyday I get a little encouragement in this conation of procrustean and insensate hermeneutic convolution
0 Replies