Does God exist

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 12:24 pm
Joe asks in another OP, Does the soul exist?

http://able2know.org/topic/199882-1

And I'd reply, in this separate thread as it's somewhat OT, that it depends exactly upon what you mean by "soul"

Yes, if you grant its abstract quality

Your soul is everything about you except your body and that's how it survives your death

It's like God, according to the apodictical existential pantheist one of the most nearly abstract concepts, where the Universe is Her body and all the activity therein Her mind at work

Your OP is a very profound observation and you're to be congratulated for it. As with dozens of other OP's, especially by the young folk and the ESL, I wonder whether you might tell us something about yourself; age, sex, nationality, ed., family, aspirations, etc etc
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,824 • Replies: 13
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 12:39 pm
Absolutely not.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 12:39 pm
@dalehileman,
Some I note reply through tag. Hey guys, why don't you reveal yourselves using a posting herewith and argue your case more forcefully
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 12:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Absolutely not.
How so Ed
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 12:43 pm
@dalehileman,
The short answer is, "No". If you want to overcomplicate it by redefining "God" to mean something vague and indistinguishable from "Nature", then the answer becomes "Maybe", but the question loses it's relevance at some point if anyone does that.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 12:45 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
If you want to overcomplicate it by redefining "God"
Ok Ros so how do you define Her
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 12:48 pm
@dalehileman,
Of course God exists...then again, God also exits, as can be seen when dropping the second s and rearranging the letters of exist, which some might arguemate as proof that God only thrives in the Adirondacks and similarly beautiful locales.

Why, just a few hours ago (which is much less than a fortnight in this galaxy, but longer than two of them in a few other galaxies), God was helping me to prepare a tasty sandwich and then allowed me to eat it all without once interfering with my face stuffing. Now I ask you, if God did not exist would I have been able to eat that aforementioned sandwich on my own without interruption? Most certainly not, therefore it proves beyond reasonable insanity that God must exist.

In the end of it all, you are the only one who can decide if God exists in your realm of being.

dalehileman

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 12:59 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Of course God exists...
Of course. And God, if You're listening, which I'm sure you are because you're everywhere simultaneously, if you don't do anything else today provide a2k's windows with instant scroll bar

To be sure She's listening: Just as I hit the "r" at the end of the last para, a scroll bar appeared. But God, I want it to appear in all windows, instantly, immediately upon access. Sometimes as you know it doesn't appear til I'm nearly done composing a post and other times not at all

Quote:
some might arguemate as proof that God only thrives in the Adirondacks and similarly beautiful locales.
No, Ugly spots too

Quote:
Why, just a few hours ago…...then allowed me to eat it all without once interfering…….
When She does so the motive is to provoke you into action or test your will

Quote:
…..if God did not exist would I have been able to eat…...without interruption?
Of course not since there would be no you; no Universe in fact

Quote:
Most certainly not, therefore it proves beyond reasonable insanity that God must exist.
As one very nearly insane tax 81 or at least with incipient Alz's I must agree most wholeheartedly

Quote:
In the end of it all, you are the only one who can decide if God exists in your realm of being.
Of course, it all depends on what one means by "God"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 01:20 pm
Sure. If by God one means what one says when saying God, there is no such thing. If one means God is a writing desk, then God exists.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 01:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
a writing desk, then God exists.
Your desk and mine too are but a minuscule part of Her
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 01:26 pm

http://kearnswoodcrafts.synthasite.com/resources/God.exists.jpg.jpg
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 01:51 pm
@Sturgis,
So, having a period, your God would be feminine?
dalehileman

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 01:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
would be feminine?
Of course, why not
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 02:02 pm
@dalehileman,
Why not indeed.
0 Replies