Joe Biden - Do you realize he really is a heartbeat away from the presidency?

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 11:08 pm
Joe's latest:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/04/biden-acknowledges-obama-want-to-raise-1t-in-taxes-on-wealthy/

Honest, but hardly well considered.

This man is an utter clown and he could be our president tomorrow!

Is anyone sanguine about that possibility?

If you thought the debate last night was one sided, wait until Paul Ryan leaves Joey B. bleeding out on the stage next week.

One of the many reasons not to vote for Obama is how the selection of Biden as a running mate reflects on his decision making. Surely Obama spent some time with Joe and yet he still picked him to take his place if, God forbid, something happened to him. How insecure do you have to be to select a buffoon for a running mate?

It's too bad that Romney won't make this a feature of his campaign:

Americans, you can vote for a man with enough confidence, appreciation of talented #2's, and concern for the fate of the country that he chose as a running mate someone who could, in his own right, quite possibly have secured the GOP nomination and is a bold and forceful leader.

Or you can vote for someone who chose a cretin who can be relied upon to say something stupid or outrageous every time he opens his mouth, who is a blatant liar and plagiarist, and would be an unmitigated disaster if he ever fell into the Oval Office.

The only reason the Hillary/Joe switch didn't happen is that Obama had to have realized that if he won re-election and Biden was his Secretary of State, he would have international incidents to deal with on a daily basis.

Now I'm sure that Biden is a swell guy and a lot of fun to be with at a bar, but he isn't even remotely qualified to lead this country. That he kept getting elected to the Senate in Delaware is evidence of how desperately we need the system of checks and balances and institutional barriers our brilliantly prescient Founding Fathers inserted into our government.

I cannot wait for the VP candidate debate. Biden has all of the hubris and none of the smarts of his boss. One of his favorite lines in “I was told I shouldn’t say this but…”
When he riffs on history you have to wonder if he resides simultaneously on an earth in a parallel universe.
At some point Ryan is bound to say “God God Joe, what the f*ck are you talking about!”
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,291 • Replies: 6

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 04:29 am
Considering the alternative, I gladly accept Biden.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 05:03 am
Yeah, pretty cool, huh?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 05:04 am
Biden doesn't scare me. Romney & Vlad the Impaler truly scare me with their plans for more military spending, more corporate pay backs, fewer rights for women, no social net, no healthcare for the middle class, raping social security/medicare, hatred of the natural world if it doesn't mean profit; more dirty energy like coal/oil sands defunding the good programs like PBS/PlannedParenhood/HeadStart/PellGrants/Infrastructure of our roads/AlternativeEngery/... Yes, Biden and his occasional verbal goofs are fine with me in comparison.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 05:21 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Bush I was not the sharpest tool in the shed...yet he was a heartbeat away from the presidency...and even won the presidency as a Republican. Ronald Reagan was not the brightest lamp on the tree...yet he was a Republican president. Dan Quayle (there was a genius) was a Republican vice president.

And you have issues with Joe Biden???

C'mon, Finn...tell us you did this thread as a fluff piece just for the laughs.

(It worked!)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 05:25 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hes a "clown' with more foreign affairs saavy than Thurston nd Vlad together
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 06:59 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I do think that the VP debate should be a source of entertainment. I am bringing out the popcorn. Anything could happen or be said between these two.

My question is - (and granted I haven't heard enough about Ryan to make a full opinion yet) - but how come the VPs tend to be so lame?

Fortunately Obama is young.
0 Replies