Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 01:28 pm
@Robert Gentel,
ah, got it, thanks
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 01:29 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Oh, and the reason the copy was confusing is:

At first I thought of collapsing the topics too, and having that be a preference too. Then I realized this was a bad idea and that we should merely just do the bad-word filter in conjunction. Most topic titles with that should be fine (and it's opt-in for members and on for guests so strikes the right balance for general public and kids, and members who can opt into the censorship if they want it). I spend time thinking about the right balance to strike, and try my best to do so. Hawkeye just runs his idiot mouth thoughtlessly.

But I did build this sloppily many reasons, I will also freely admit to that. This is a quick hack to a version of the site that I want to replace entirely (here's your warning again).

But it simply is not at all anything of the ilk that the village idiots describe it as, and if they hadn't shot from the hip and then refused to stop digging they could have realized this for themselves.

But as has also been pointed out to me, they certainly serve as very useful illustrative purposes and the community owes them a small debt of gratitude for being willing to get out there and get the really stupid questions asked and answered.

Here's to the village idiots. The daft. The retarded. The trouble-makers. The square pegs in the round holes. The ones who see things daftly. They're not fond of rules or reason, and they have no respect for the status-quo or "intelligence". You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them.
About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they are really annoying. They push the forum away from their ridiculous view. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see sheer, awe-inspiring stupidity.
Because the people who are stupid enough to think they can ask the really stupid questions - are the ones who DO !"

http://i.imgur.com/OfxaM.jpg
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 01:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
And some people, just aren't big enough to let them save face about it and have two thumbs, like this guy.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 01:49 pm
@Robert Gentel,
You did a sloppy job and we both agree on that fact and yet you go into name calling when there are complains over your sloppiness............

Talk about being awe-inspiring ................mirror mirror on the wall.

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 02:03 pm
@BillRM,
I'm the first to admit that I'm not being nice. I'm being deliberately and decidedly un-nice (you guys don't just want "cat threads" do you? I'm telling it to you like it is, not like you might want to hear it). But don't forward the illusory notion that I started name calling out of the blue and am not reacting to a couple of jackasses who would rather call me a liar who is trying to destroy the community than see the truth for themselves.

You jumped in to characterize Hawkeye's idiocy as "megabytes" of valuable content that line my pockets and now you want to lecture me on manners? I urge you to both take your valuable "megabytes" to some other lucky community.

This kind of stupidity is why you are one of the village idiots here and why I have no compunction about saying so.
Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 02:21 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
LOL I been on computer boards since the days of 300 baud dial up modems and have never ran into NSFW so somehow the claims it is so common on discussion websites that no notice is needed seem highly unlikely.

You must not be very quick on the uptake, then. I suspec, though, as with your idiot pronouncements about history, that you're a living example of the dictum that a little knowledge (very little) is a dangerous thing.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 02:44 pm
After reading this thread, I forgot which of you had sex with a guy you just met. It was hawkeye, right?
djjd62

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 03:10 pm
@joefromchicago,
yeah, he finally met billrm
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 03:14 pm
@joefromchicago,
Thanks for that, I just tasted a little bit of vomit in my throat at the thought of hawkeye breeding. Cool
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 03:28 pm
@joefromchicago,
A witty reminder that we are arguing on some tween's question about casual sex with an internet stranger.

Just in case the OP is still around.

The answer is to use your damn head. Think about what could go right and could go wrong (and educate yourself about each). Sex is an event that can dramatically change your life. Raising a kid is a significant responsibility (a blessing but also a burden) and you don't get a mulligan. Getting an STD can also be a consequence. Some of them can kill you. You can't always get a mulligan on one of these either.

If you aren't sure that you are ready for sex or not yet, you probably aren't. There's usually little harm in waiting a bit past being ready, and there can be life-altering downsides for jumping into it too soon.

Whatever it is that you decide, don't be stupid about it and make sure to protect yourself.
BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 05:30 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
I'm being deliberately and decidedly un-nice (you guys don't just want "cat threads" do you?

LOL I am sitting at the very edge of the chair so one of my cats can share the better part of that chair...........

Quote:
You jumped in to characterize Hawkeye's idiocy as "megabytes" of valuable content

The man have nine followers and I am sure many more that no matter how they feel toward him will go out of there way to read his postings.

Quote:
This kind of stupidity is why you are one of the village idiots here and why I have no compunction about saying so.

Do not feel bad about you bad behaviors as fools opinions never did concern me one way or another in fact sometimes such opinion amuse me. Drunk
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 08:46 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Aha!
roger

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 08:58 pm
@roger,
I didn't really care about NSFW, as the world is filled with things I don't understand. I wanted to know how to make red tags, and maybe red titles.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 09:03 pm
@roger,
you can make red turtles with a little spray paint, rog.

but be careful, the snappers don't like it at all...
0 Replies

anna9

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2012 02:53 am
@Ragman,
what's that?
0 Replies

harris20

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2012 05:01 am
@prettyjewel,
This is natural and be normal.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 03:10 am
@Robert Gentel,
Has anyone translated the OP into English yet? I started to, but pieces of my brain kept squirming.
0 Replies