Hypothetical Scenario: World without compassion.

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 12:34 am
Hypothetically speaking, if compassion was to be removed from the human society.

What type of morality is compatible or evolve in a world without compassion?

Would the natural effect of a lack of compassion (quicker elimination of the "weak") accelerate the advancement of our species?

Discuss.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 4,244 • Replies: 22
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 03:14 am
@Mockingclown,
I don't think societies would ever arise without compassion in the population. I'm not even sure human beings would even be recognizable humans without compassion.

Compassion is buried deep in mammalian behavior, it's connected to the physiological necessity of suckling and nurturing our young. If you hypothesize a humanity without compassion, then you have to assume an erasure of compassion all the way back through our mammalian roots and that would undermine some of the key behaviors that allow mammals to survive and exist in the first place.
0 Replies

absos

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 05:42 am
@Mockingclown,
compassion is not the right word for whatever means u r using smthg else for

elimination of truth is the way of life not elimination of weak on the contrary weakness is the excuse of existence to get the powerful stands justifications out over it till any government can pretend being the truth instead of truth killed from the knowledge that allowed it to b on that position over states

how compassion as a word point the fact that u would give an animal being the right to become a human or to give dirty insects that live under dirt or floors a fancy house up out that u would built for

this is not compassion miss, this is denial of truth as acting like if truth is already killed, an insect have a need of an insect reality or an animal, noone wants more of the condition when any wants more to do for himself reality as free drive and sense valorisation

true compassion is about relative move for else freedom, con pass, so relative mean in movings that stay and end by passin away right

truth is always there i prove it, u cant kill the truth even if so many true are killed, which prove the punishments being the sense to come where zombis would rise from death for punishin right in revenge which is gonna last
Enzo

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 06:22 am
One likely scenario that will arise is the stratification of individuals based on "strength" or "wealth" or "intelligence" or whatever that society necessarily puts a large value in.

A society that somewhat resembled this philosophy of life would be the Spartans, but it wouldn't be entirely accurate to compare it to them because there are many aspects in their life where compassion was seen as a strength and embraced.

A more accurate depiction would be the "machines" in the animatrix or the matrix franchise. It would be utilitarian to the extreme where all individuals in such a society will be specified a purpose by a centralized authority and each such individuals will be allowed to exist until they have either completed their assigned toil, or until the individual is damaged, or obsolete. This is completely a hypothetical conjecture, of course.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 06:29 am
@absos,
No one has an iron-clad lock on the truth, so, quite apart from the incoherent nature of your use of English, you are expressing an arbitrary and personal view. Why should anyone assume that you know the truth, but that others don't? Certainly there are kleptocracies, militarist states, nations victimized by capitalism because it benefits their ruling classes. That has nothing to do with "the truth," nor yet again offers any global solutions to the problems of mankind.
JLNobody

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 09:24 am
I find value in all of the posts made so far--except for that of absos, of course, since I cannot read it; it's on "ignore". One addition I would make, however, one focused more on the individual than society, is the value of compassion as seen in Buddhism: it's principal value is for the psycho-spiritual well-being of the individual. Compassion is the gateway to self-fulfillment since it is the way one's sees herself in everyone (and every thing) else.
fresco

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 09:45 am
@JLNobody,
I have a theory that "asbsos" (aka "imans") is the output of a faulty automatic prose generator using textspeak. Mr. Green
roger

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 11:08 am
@fresco,
Probably. It has a remarkably computerlike immunity to insult
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 11:10 am
@Mockingclown,
Google Hobbes, and read The Leviathan. Life is short, brutal and nasty.
Setanta

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 11:13 am
@jespah,
Yes, and . . .

In such condition, there is no place for Industry; because the fruit thereof is uncertain; and consequently no Culture of the Earth; no Navigation, nor use of the commodities that may be imported by Sea; no commodious Building; no Instruments of moving, and removing such things as require much force; no Knowledge of the face of the Earth; no account of Time; no Arts; no Letters; no Society; and which is worst of all, continuall feare, and danger of violent death

Old Tommy Hobbes was a cheerful cuss . . .
0 Replies

absos

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 01:12 pm
@Setanta,
u prove what u r against truth, u cant but function in terms of offers and solutions, u have no least perception of truth even as a concept bc it is the opposite of what u want, and bc ur freedom so ur own personnal view is about knowledge in order to rule over else to seek a justificaiton of what u deserve more to get

and that is why u call me a retarded english use while at the same time u r saying that i have personnal views, if one could express his own personnal views missy it is wether that his english is over good or that u r the retarded one that think languages and english has no use to make sentences about views

what i was arguing about was exclusively as clearly about compassion word missy, nothing about capitalism

while again u prove the liar u r in rejectin that far truth being the present reason, what could b more present then a president over all nation and else present freedom rights

of course if truth exist then it has more to do with capitalism then with the growth of ur backyard vegetations
Setanta

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 02:10 pm
@absos,
I didn't call you retarded , although, of course, if the shoe fits . . .

Don't call me names, you incoherent loon.
0 Replies

absos

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 07:19 am
oh saying that i have wrong nature of using english language and that im meanin metaphysics and existence truth from my personnal will inventions, is not callin me retarded???

i call u names bc im honest at least, when u mean another being as inferior thing to u then u r meanin his true existence freedom being retarded

findin supports in evil life to justify ur free existence dont give u the exclusivity to put others down as it fits u to do, while u must know that right ones are mayb not meanin freedom from everything like u, but they are much more truly present free then u, everything is free too as anything also missy when truth is exsting and truth is freedom superiority
Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 07:24 am
@absos,
No, it is not calling you retarded. I don't for a moment believe that you are a native-speaker of English. Your honesty is hardly a virtue when it consists of admitting to calling people names because they point ouf to you the truth (something you claim to know and value) about your ineptitude in English.

You're just a whining hypocrite. You vilify me for doing what you've been doing right along.
absos

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:52 am
@Setanta,
on the contrary if im not native english to u then ur mean about my insistence to post in english forums make me more retarded since im pickin my inferiority to mean a reality with others, while if english was my mother toungue then my poor grammar in pointing true philosophy would make me an artist or a creative mind,

u confuse the word retarded for handicap only to make it easy for urself to assume being of conditions as a fact always, which prove the liar and evil livin u r, that enjoy believin subjects being always of else so never the word retarded could mean really someone like u in ur own ways of being urself

which is confirmed by how u confuse truth with individual existence, exhibitin the fact that u hate objective superiority so u deny it all for the benefit of pretendin havin some sort of aptitude that u would call truth instead of all right,

people like u are easily made bc u dont exist to sell u anything, u invent being of anything there but u wont get to void bc ur truth dont matter when existence is true then ur end would b according to true existence and not u

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:55 am
@absos,
If you wish to continue to refer to yourself as retarded, that's no skin off my nose. It's not, however, a case me calling you names. It's a case of you bad-mouthing yourself.

You are spouting off again as though you were omniscient. You don't know a goddamned thing about me or what i think. You're just a tedious blowhard.
absos

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 10:12 am
@Setanta,
u r such inferior dirty head, when i call u retarded and i show u how in all terms of that word u r making the point, how then im refering to myself being retarded,
which again prove the retarded u r, in meaning urself existence wills being all what exist to u while usin everything and everyone else, and the most dirty one

as if from all what is there there is nothing else but the part of sentence that refered to the substance of what u said about me

it is not about ego what u r at all, it is the opposite only liars that truth is revealin in wide exhibitions how liars are exclusively from bein sluts like u, dirty opportunists that pretend being one while having not the least stand of one as someone
Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 10:20 am
http://www.loon.org/assets/images/HomePage-LoonWithChick.jpg
0 Replies

absos

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 10:22 am
@absos,
n that is why too u spout ur thing about omniscience liar use of the part where i mean that ur end is clearly seen
i said that u r nothing but that doesnt matter when existence is true, how then u became everything reference for someone claimin u bein none

u r of all possibilities to appear being everything in one repetitive mean of expressions, pathetic dirty head that cant mean anythign else

when i clearly justify how one existnce is to individuality that has never anything to do with truth which is always objective superiority, from where are u comin to use my words as omniscient wills when it is clearly the opposite

from the hell u r goin to as being to forever, no shame no minimum rules nothing but u openly dirt
Mockingclown

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 04:20 pm
@absos,
You even make Ahmed look good.

Quote:
]