Fri 28 Sep, 2012 03:00 am
It is my understanding that the wedding bands are blessed by the priest before the marriage service. Would there be a problem if a wedding band needed to be replaced? Would it need to be brought to a priest to be blessed?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 9,958 • Replies: 14
Topic Closed
No top replies

msolga

Fri 28 Sep, 2012 03:21 am
@russellmark85,
Only if it matters to you, otherwise no.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 28 Sep, 2012 04:04 am
@russellmark85,
Get the priest to bless the new ring? No. If you lose your wedding ring then you lose your spouse's soul. You need to get that new wedding ring blessed by either the Pope or Ronald McDonald. Only they can return your spouse's soul from the depths of lost wedding ring Hell. Go figure! Neutral
ehBeth

Fri 28 Sep, 2012 07:21 am
@russellmark85,
That's up to the couple, their culture and their religion.

It's not like you can have a bag of pre-blessed rings for people to pick from.
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 28 Sep, 2012 07:44 am
My wedding band is very important to me, and my husbands ring is even more so to him.

His has become battered over the years because of his work, and I once suggested us getting new matched ones.

He had a very hard time with the idea, and I'll admit it was not a choice/decision I would take lightly either. He ultimately said he did not want a new ring, and still wears the battered one, even though he has not done that type of work in a long time.
It's not a piece of jewelry for either of us, but a representation of vows we took.

However, I'm sure if you took a new band(s) to a priest or minister, he or she would gladly bless them for you, right then and there, and settle that problem.

Linkat

Fri 28 Sep, 2012 10:15 am
@chai2,
I agree - I would imagine if you wanted replacement bands that a priest would bless them for you. I don't know why he wouldn't?

Any way - I also have sentimental thoughts on my wedding and engagement rings. But you did end up learning something valuable when they get stolen. Yes, ours did - both our wedding bands and my engagement ring. I was so upset. It does mean something to us.

Ours were not blessed as we got married in a Protestant Church - although the minister did hold the rings up and talk up the symbolism of them. So in a sense I can understand why it could be important to you.

Going back to the stolen items - we realized that the rings really are just a symbol that the more important thing is your relationship - who the heck really cares if you have a huge expensive ring if you don't care for each other.

And any case, after getting the money from the insurance company - I got a nicer quality ring - it was sorta fun to go shopping for them again. Like going back in time.
chai2

Fri 28 Sep, 2012 12:49 pm
@Linkat,
yeah, that would be fun.

I wonder why the OP is asking here, rather than directly asking a priest?

<shrugs> seems like a lot of people take a circuitous path to get an answer they could have gotten from the direct source.
ehBeth

Fri 28 Sep, 2012 01:03 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
I wonder why the OP is asking here

take a look at his/her/its other thread titles
0 Replies

madamejewelryuk

Wed 29 Jan, 2014 12:54 am
@russellmark85,
If you believe in blessings ten you need to bring that to the priest.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 29 Jan, 2014 01:32 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
I agree - I would imagine if you wanted replacement bands that a priest would bless them for you. I don't know why he wouldn't?

Any way - I also have sentimental thoughts on my wedding and engagement rings. But you did end up learning something valuable when they get stolen. Yes, ours did - both our wedding bands and my engagement ring. I was so upset. It does mean something to us.

Ours were not blessed as we got married in a Protestant Church - although the minister did hold the rings up and talk up the symbolism of them. So in a sense I can understand why it could be important to you.

Going back to the stolen items - we realized that the rings really are just a symbol that the more important thing is your relationship - who the heck really cares if you have a huge expensive ring if you don't care for each other.

And any case, after getting the money from the insurance company - I got a nicer quality ring - it was sorta fun to go shopping for them again. Like going back in time.
Thay shud bring some spare rings to the wedding and have him bless them all.

I saw a lady on TV (on Oprah, maybe) who told of having a very
beautiful and distinctive wedding ring that she valued a lot.

Thay went out to the country, at a lake, for their honeymoon.
While swimming, she lost her ring and cud not find it.
She said that thay went back to the lake to celebrate
their 35th wedding anniversary. There was a commotion
there during the day qua a discovery in the water at shore:
her ring was found and she got it back.

David
0 Replies

madamejewelryuk

Fri 7 Feb, 2014 01:04 am
well.. its a ritual and it is always good to get it blessed by the priest once again...
OmSigDAVID

Fri 7 Feb, 2014 03:59 am
@madamejewelryuk,
U think the blessing wore off
during the 35 year hiatus ?
Design It Jewels

Thu 13 Feb, 2014 03:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
First of all, I would like to appreciate the choice of theme that you have chosen for your thread, it looks perfectly wonderful.
0 Replies

jakeranco

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:26 pm
@russellmark85,
When it's matter to you.
That's it! Smile

0 Replies

cm1975

Fri 30 May, 2014 12:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
So if something isn't meaningful to you than it's worthy of mockery? Wow what a tool you are.
0 Replies