Topless and Nude Royal Photos

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 12:04 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
People with mental problems have no more control over them than they would over cancer or other serious illness.

i am not aware that diana had anything other than garden variety female emotional problems. If you think she had mental illness what is it you think she had?
firefly

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 12:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
i am not aware that diana had anything other than garden variety female emotional problems. If you think she had mental illness what is it you think she had?

She sought treatment for her emotional/personality problems, which included bulimia, which is an eating disorder which is often associated with Borderline Personality Disorder.

Those are not "garden variety female emotional problems"--they are serious disorders which can interfere with the ability to function effectively in everyday life, and which cause the individual considerable stress and personal unhappiness.
JTT

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 12:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
If you think she had mental illness what is it you think she had?

I had/have as much interest in Diana as I do in the rest of that miserable lot of humanity.

My remark was pointed at your general ignorance.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 12:25 pm
@firefly,
my wife has BPD so i am not unsympathetic, but under the diagnostic guidelines now in place the majority of the population would now come away with something if they went to that tribe, either an emotional or sexual defect. just was we see with the massive expansion of word definitions the massive expansion of "medical" diagnosis's renders the entire operation useless. Illness no longer means much if most people are considered ill.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 12:28 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
I had/have as much interest in Diana as I do in the rest of that miserable lot of humanity.

remind me again which subset of humanity that you either do like or respect, as I cant recall you ever mentioning any.
JTT

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 12:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
remind me again which subset of humanity that you either do like or respect, as I cant recall you ever mentioning any.

Pretty hypocritical of you, as you, and you, as an American, to be pointing fingers at others vis a vis respecting people/humanity.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 12:36 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Pretty hypocritical of you, as you, and you, as an American, to be pointing fingers at others vis a vis respecting people/humanity.

is your lack of answer a can't or a won't ?
firefly

@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Illness no longer means much if most people are considered ill.

Most people are not considered "ill", nor do most people seek psychiatric/psychological treatment, nor do most people suffer from rather serious eating disorders, such as Bulimia.

There has been no "massive expansion" of the diagnostic criteria for either Borderline Personality Disorder or Bulimia.

You were simply incorrect in your comments about Diana. And you are now trying to obfuscate that fact with more over-generalized and inaccurate statements.

JTT

@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Illness no longer means much if most people are considered ill.

Consider how stupid that comment is, Hawk, and consider, really consider how frequently you apply this same measure of logic to much of what you say.

I guess that most of the people struck down in the 1918 Flu epidemic weren't actually ill.

As I have already mentioned, it's a hodgepodge of old wives tales, canards and healthy doses of demented US propaganda.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 12:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
is your lack of answer a can't or a won't ?

Is this a new metric for A2K idiots? Does it follow, "are you a troll?"; "you're off topic"; "where do you live"?; ...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 12:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

I frequently defend the innocents of the world against the heinous predations that have come, still come from the USA and you "can't recall".

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 01:00 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
I frequently defend the innocents of the world against the heinous predations that have come, still come from the USA and you "can't recall".

ya ya, according to you seemingly most of the world is so weak and powerless that they have been abused by Americans for generations......so you dont think much of them either.

the question still stands.
JTT

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 01:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
ya ya, according to you seemingly most of the world is so weak and powerless that they have been abused by Americans for generations

Not according to me, Hawk. The facts are out there and they are manifold. Are you suggesting to me that knowing this to be a fact you have never further researched it?

You don't normally resort to outright lying but given the volumes of proof that are available this can't be construed as anything but willful lying.

Quote:
......so you dont think much of them either.

What an incredibly lame argument.

Again, it's terribly hypocritical that you, a defender of serial war criminals/terrorists should be pointing a finger at others.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:15 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Most people are not considered "ill", nor do most people seek psychiatric/psychological treatment, nor do most people suffer from rather serious eating disorders, such as Bulimia.

There has been no "massive expansion" of the diagnostic criteria for either Borderline Personality Disorder or Bulimia.

That why we read in the press what a large percents of the total population need mental health treatment that is not getting it?

In any case if you place enough pressure on anyone there will be crack of one kind or another appearing in that person personality.

firefly

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 03:11 pm
@BillRM,
We were discussing one particular person, Princess Diana, who did have some serious emotional and psychiatric problems, for which she sought treatment.

Those problems definitely included Bulimia, and were likely associated with a Borderline Personality Disorder--and there has been no "massive expansion" of either of those two diagnostic entities, as Hawkeye tried to assert, nor would most people suffer from either of those two mental disorders.
Quote:

That why we read in the press what a large percents of the total population need mental health treatment that is not getting it?

That's a meaningless statement, which also has no relevance to the particular person we are discussing.
Quote:

In any case if you place enough pressure on anyone there will be crack of one kind or another appearing in that person personality.

Personalities don't "crack", except in layman's inaccurate vernacular, and most people do not suffer from a personality disorder.

Your knowledge of the etiology of personality disorders is apparently as abysmal as your knowledge of everything else.

When a person with a pre-existing personality disorder is placed under stress, they may manifest other problems which are consistent with that personality disorder.

If Princess Diana did suffer from a personality order, as many experts have speculated was the case, that personality disorder was present prior to her marriage, and nothing about her marriage, or the stresses of her life after that marriage, was the cause of that personality disorder. However, as a person already suffering from a personality disorder, she would have less adaptive, or effective, ways of coping with such stress, than a person who does not suffer from such a disorder, and she would consequently be more likely to manifest additional problems, such as Bulimia.

Her particular emotional/personality problems were not, at all, typical of the norm for anyone.

BillRM

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 03:32 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Personalities don't "crack", except in layman's inaccurate vernacular, and most people do not suffer from a personality disorder.

Layman? are you claiming a background that would placed you in a classification other then a layperson yourself?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 03:42 pm
@firefly,
Well this website consider that social stressors can cause or produce this disorder such as having the pressure of being married to the future King who is in love with another woman. perhaps?

http://www.medicinenet.com/borderline_personality_disorder/article.htm

Borderline personality disorder is a personality disorder characterized by consistently problematic ways of thinking, feeling, and interacting.
BPD is associated with unstable self-image, feelings, behaving, and relating to others.
BPD affects 6% of adults, men as often as women in general, women more than men in treatment populations.
Antisocial personality disorder in adults, substance-abuse problems in men, eating disorders in women, and anxious and odd personality disorders in adolescents tend to co-occur with BPD.
There has been some controversy about whether or not BPD is its own disorder or a variation of bipolar disorder, but in many countries, there is more agreement on the existence of BPD.
Like most other mental disorders, it is understood to be the result of a combination of biological vulnerabilities, ways of thinking, and social stressors (biopsychosocial model).[/[/color]size]BPD sufferers are more likely to have a learning problem or certain temperaments as children, or come from families of origin where divorce, neglect, sexual abuse, substance abuse, or death occurred.
In order to be diagnosed with BPD, the sufferer must experience at least five of the following symptoms: unstable self-image, relationships or emotions, severe impulsivity, repeated suicidal behaviors or threats, chronic feelings of emptiness, inappropriate anger, trouble managing anger, or transient paranoia or dissociation
BillRM

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 04:35 pm
@firefly,
Quote:

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-numbers-count-mental-disorders-in-america/index.shtml

Mental Disorders in America
Mental disorders are common in the United States and internationally. An estimated 26.2 percent of Americans ages 18 and older — about one in four adults — suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year.1 When applied to the 2004 U.S. Census residential population estimate for ages 18 and older, this figure translates to 57.7 million people.2 Even though mental disorders are widespread in the population, the main burden of illness is concentrated in a much smaller proportion — about 6 percent, or 1 in 17 — who suffer from a serious mental illness.1 In addition, mental disorders are the leading cause of disability in the U.S. and Canada.3 Many people suffer from more than one mental disorder at a given time. Nearly half (45 percent) of those with any mental disorder meet criteria for 2 or more disorders, with severity strongly related to comorbidity.1

In the U.S., mental disorders are diagnosed based on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fourth edition (DSM-IV).4

Mood Disorders
BillRM

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 04:42 pm
@firefly,
Bulimia can be triggered by stresses such as Diana face in her marriage.

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/bulimia_signs_symptoms_causes_treatment.htm

Poor body image: Our culture’s emphasis on thinness and beauty can lead to body dissatisfaction, particularly in young women bombarded with media images of an unrealistic physical ideal.
Low self-esteem: People who think of themselves as useless, worthless, and unattractive are at risk for bulimia. Things that can contribute to low self-esteem include depression, perfectionism, childhood abuse, and a critical home environment.
History of trauma or abuse: Women with bulimia appear to have a higher incidence of sexual abuse. People with bulimia are also more likely than average to have parents with a substance abuse problem or psychological disorder.
Major life changes: Bulimia is often triggered by stressful changes or transitions, such as the physical changes of puberty, going away to college, or the breakup of a relationship. Binging and purging may be a negative way to cope with the stress. Appearance-oriented professions or activities: People who face tremendous image pressure are vulnerable to developing bulimia. Those at risk include ballet dancers, models, gymnasts, wrestlers, runners, and actors.
firefly

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 04:51 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Well this website consider that social stressors can cause or produce this disorder such as having the pressure of being married to the future King who is in love with another woman. perhaps?

You don't understand what you read.

The stress that article refers to is stress that occurs in childhood that leads to the development of this personality disorder as the child ages. Borderline Personality Disorder does not develop in adulthood as a reaction to stress in adult life.