National Joke Registry?

Foofie

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 08:45 am
I think it is time for the U.S. to have a National Joke Registry. I would like each joke to be quantified by several numerical scores: Percentage of listeners laughing out loud. Percentage of listeners just smiling. Percentage of listeners not "getting" the joke. Percentage laughing over ten seconds. Percentage of listeners laughing so hard, they can't catch their breathes.

This process would also become new civil service positions to oversee the National Joke Library, and the joke numerical scoring.

Naturally, the registry would be maintained by year, and then subject matter.

Wouldn't many people want to know what was funny back in the 19th century? At least it would make for a good source of reference material for historical novel authors.

And, at the end of each year, a Joke of the Year can be decided/voted on and presented to the public. I would like it presented on New Year's Day (aka, National Joke Day), to start the new year on an up note.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,329 • Replies: 2
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 08:55 am
I'm really looking forward to the red carpet fashion show before the award ceremony....
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 09:11 am
@boomerang,
I hear that Jerry Seinfeld is going to show up wearing a candy apple red Alexander McQueen dress that's never been seen in public. Hubba hubba! Shocked
0 Replies