A Complicated Situation Don't Know What To Do...

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 09:08 pm
Okay...Last Friday Night(no pun intended) I went and slept over at my best friends houe. The people who were there were 4 other girls' and her brother and his 5 friends. She got achohol from her boyfriend and we drank not all of us got drunk drunk but half of us were buzzed. Anyway I went up to her brother cause he was upset(we weren't alone) and I talked with him and I was sorry about his sister and him(they had a fight) and I got up to go and my guy best friend came to talk with me. I was talking with him until her brother grabbed my hand and he took me to this field(It's not what you're thinkin'. They live like in the backroads) and we were talking about how much this other guy who i liked for like 7 monthes basically led me on. He said that i shouldn't ever be treated that way. It was quiet until well I xan't really explain It but.......he kissed me(keep in mind it wasn't just one of those quick pecks it was......woah). Now when I woke up the next morning I remembered everything, he does too now everyone else had forced us into a room to talk.....but all he said was that he feels like a d*ck. Now almost a week later we haven"t spoken at all really and I really want to speak with him about it but....now here's the complicated part.
I like him....but he likes......my other best friend(he's her best guy friend) but she doesn't like him at all she talked to me about it. It's like a love triangle. But me and my best guy friend said it was a love angle(like a right angle) I really want to tell him that I've liked him before we kissed but I don't want him to think I'm all clingy just cause we kissed.
So I really have no idea what to do cause i see him everyday(we have drill team) and I'm getting streesed out cause of it. I talked with my other friends about it but I don't wanna seem whiney....
Any advice
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,095 • Replies: 10
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 06:33 am
@IWannaGoToWALMART,
Ah, alcohol. It impairs judgment. In all ways. That means not just driving. It means feelings, too.

Does he have feelings for you, deep down? Maybe. But he is choosing to pull back as he likes this other girl. I think you need to respect that. Talk if you like, but if he is this shut down already, I doubt you'll get any straight or long answers from him. And don't talk because your friends all say to (they weren't in that kiss - only the two of you were). Talk if you think you should.

But I strongly suspect this was a quick, one-time thing. I'm sorry, but that can be blamed on alcohol.

Repeat after me: alcohol impairs judgment. What happened when we were a bit buzzed has little bearing on sober reality.
BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 06:53 am
@jespah,
Quote:
Repeat after me: alcohol impairs judgment. What happened when we were a bit buzzed has little bearing on sober reality.

It also lower inhibitions so she might had gotten a more accurate picture of his true feelings then otherwise even if he does not feel free to act on those feelings.
jespah

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 07:06 am
@BillRM,
Possibly. You're certainly correct that it lowers inhibitions although that could lead to actions and isn't necessarily an indicator of feelings.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 09:10 am
You are not the first girl to wake up the next morning and ask yourself "what happened and what did it mean?"

You are lucky that nothing more than a kiss happened. Drinking with guys? That's how girls get molested and/or raped.

It's not all that complicated. You need to start ALL OVER with this relationship - without alcohol.

Get real with yourself and with whomever you want to have a relationship with.
IWannaGoToWALMART

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 02:55 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yea I get where you're coming from with the "Drinking with guys". But let me explain something. First please don't get offended....Those guys they're definitely not like that I've known them for 2 years, all of them we're like this big family It has to do with our drill team. Including the guy i was talking about. Second I want to start over with the relationship but I hate to say it but It's my fault that It's not happening I really don't know how to talk to him...But I don't know how to talk with him without seemin' like I'm only doing It just because we kissed....
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 04:47 pm
@IWannaGoToWALMART,
If you feel like a "family" then that is exactly what it is.

Alcohol made him kiss you, he felt like a dick after, he likes someone else and he was concerned about some other guy leading you on for 7 months, felt sorry for you and wanted to try to make you realise you are worth something, not nothing.

Just because a guy kisses you, it doesn't mean "oh, he likes me, yes," , alcohol played a part in this.

Don't do anything, if he chances his mind from this other girl to you, you will know about it as he will make it obvious to you..

There are plenty of fish in the sea and plenty of time to catch the right one for you.
Mame

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 05:52 pm
@IWannaGoToWALMART,
Okay I'm confused...

IWannaGoToWALMART wrote:

Okay...Last Friday Night(no pun intended)

Where's the pun?

And why do you wanna go to Walmart????
IWannaGoToWALMART

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 05:59 pm
@Mame,
The pun"Last Friday Night" it's the title of Katy Perry's song.
I wanna go to Walmart is something me and my friend made up its an inside joke.
0 Replies

IWannaGoToWALMART

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 06:09 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Okay okay I get that. I've thought about everything and I'm just gonna stay friends with him.
And no offence to you but I absolutely hate when they say "there are other fish in the sea" I don't know why.
You know what I'm jus not gonna date till college.......Thank you everyone who has answered and helped me
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 07:24 pm
@IWannaGoToWALMART,
Dating is very confusing, boys are very confusing but one thing is for sure, they love to chase not be chased and they like a confident girl, not up herself..

As for other fish in the sea, be careful cause the boys can reel you in, and then throw you back in Smile Now do you like the saying?

Probably a wise move. Concentrate on you for a bit and school so you can go places and know who you are.
0 Replies