Could a person survive on Ensure or Boost and nothing else?

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 03:39 pm
Could a person survive on an all liquid diet of meal replacement drinks like Ensure or Boost, that are full of protein and nutrients, for life?

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 03:55 pm
@ashladdagirl75,
You really don't need to make a second (scratch that THIRD) thread on the same topic. People have already answered your other thread.
http://able2know.org/topic/197486-1#post-5100291

So why are you asking this marginally different question? Can you actually provide any context to your line of questioning? Is this merely academic? Medical? Or obsessive need to go on a cruel and inhumane masochistic diet?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 04:00 pm
@ashladdagirl75,
you will make your colon mad.

and a mad colon is an ugly opponent...

go eat some fiber, grasshopper...
ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 07:29 pm
@Rockhead,
I don't know, but I'd usually listen to rockhead on this.

Among the things I don't know is what is going on for you that you ask this question. Why do you, or loved one, want to survive on those products?

Tell us more, please.
Below viewing threshold (view)
ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 02:32 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
I don't think you are a complete putz - I'm not sure yet - you seem so enraged that you lack any empathy - but I'm not sure on that. I don't think you get how down people can feel. The worst is that you are playing, joking.
Or maybe you are beginning to get the sorrow of life, thus the rage in your cuteness.

Of course people who post on line can be making stuff up and often do, but we don't know that about some posters and some may be cries for help that took some effort to post. A lot of us can picture being in that situation, including me, and I am not the only one.

Our community view is to answer the person in need.

The post I'm replying to by you is so repulsive I can barely read it.
Are you trying to look larger, braver, brighter? As the most fucked up poster?Person most trying to act eleven years old?
Miller

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 02:51 pm
@ashladdagirl75,
ashladdagirl75 wrote:

Could a person survive on an all liquid diet of meal replacement drinks like Ensure or Boost, that are full of protein and nutrients, for life?

Yes, they could and they have. It is called parenteral nutrition.

Quote:
Parenteral nutrition (PN) is feeding a person intravenously, bypassing the usual process of eating and digestion. The person receives nutritional formulae that contain nutrients such as glucose, amino acids, lipids and added vitamins and dietary minerals. It is called total parenteral nutrition (TPN) or total nutrient admixture (TNA) when no significant nutrition is obtained by other routes. It may be called or total peripheral nutrition (also TPN) when administered through vein access in a limb, rather than through a central port in bodyt's called parenteral nutrition.

Wikipedia
0 Replies

Atom Blitzer

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 03:36 pm
@ossobuco,
You've got a point there...wear a hat and no one will notice!
MilonJones

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 07:31 pm
@ashladdagirl75,
Hello Friends,

Yes, but I would not recommend it. People need variety. There are a lot of carbs and sugar in that stuff. If you do not have to drink you diet (for example medically necessary) then I would advise against it as too extreme. Plus you need veggies and fruits. Everything in moderation.

Best Regards,
Milon Jones
0 Replies

amygarside

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 06:35 am
I agree with you, one should have a proper kind of diet of fruits, vegetables and whole grain.
0 Replies

catherin

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2013 05:27 am
@ashladdagirl75,
Hi
I think it is completely done for a person.A person can live only with boost.He want all the nutrient food .

Thanks.
0 Replies

Atbestiwantfood

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 02:35 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
I don't choose to drink boost as my only diet. I am unable to swallow food. I am only asking is there side effects to an only liquid boost diet
0 Replies