Bell's Palsy

Ragman

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 11:37 am
@Butrflynet,
Do not be alarmed by the story of the condition this Nancy person experienced as a toddler in the 1950's. However, it seems her neuromuscular retraining procedure is what occured about 15 years ago - not the illness. Had her docs given her Prednisone (or even known about that), she would likely have had no residual muscular issues.

She also may have had a fairly bad case of Bell's Palsy than what is typical. And she had no medication such as Prednisone. However, a bad case can happen to anyone and it can become particularly bad if the prednisone is not given pretty quickly. Stick to the dosage religiously. This med prevents damage to the nerve due to the inflammation and swelling due to the ilness.

However, at the risk of repetitiveness, it is a must that you see a regular physician and keep a patch over your eye, using artificial tears. If your reg physician is not available see another ASAP.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 11:43 am
Caused by a virus? Heavy doses of steroids
can be a co-factor to cataracts, according to what I've read.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 06:05 pm
@Ragman,
Agree on the artificial tears, muy importante. (I have other stuff re dry eyes) and the patch sounds right.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 08:15 pm
My grandmother and one of my aunts had it, so did one o f my co-workers. In all three cases it went away completely and never came back. My co-worker thought she was having a stroke too, it's not uncommon. I think it lasted about 2 weeks, a month on the outside.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 08:31 am
@McGentrix,
How are you doing?
farmerman

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 03:45 pm
@ehBeth,
checkin in and hoping that you come through real quick. My pharmacist went through it they say as a side symptom fom Lyme's disease. He had that sagging mouth appearance for a few months and then it went away . He took all the meds and wore an eye patch. Today hes all better (its been like 3 years) but he says that it scared the **** out of him at first for he too thought he was suffering a stroke.

Sounds like Ragman can talk ya through it.
0 Replies