Prank wars!

sozobe

Wed 29 Aug, 2012 01:45 pm
Yesterday, sozlet asked me, "do you know any good pranks?"

Eh?

So she was hanging out with a few friends of hers. They decided to go into a dark room (the bathroom) and read scary books aloud and try to freak each other out. They were just discussing "Bloody Mary" (where you say "Bloody Mary" three times while spinning in circles, and then she will appear in the mirror you're standing before) when one of 'em was called outside by his dad to discuss dinner or something. While he was gone, the other three plotted.

When he came back, the plot unspooled -- complicated but the upshot was he thought that he was alone in the room when he did "Bloody Mary" but sozlet was hiding in the shower, and proceeded to freak him out quite thoroughly.

That commenced PRANK WARS!

The four of them are going to prank each other randomly. Individually and in teams.

I have some classic Penn and Teller books that she was already enjoying and there is a lot of good stuff in there. She specifies that it shouldn't be too cruel though. Freaking someone out thoroughly and temporarily is fine. But she nixed "God of Carbonation" for example (thought I could find it online, didn't, basically it ends with soda being spewed all over the target).

So:

- Age appropriate (three 6th-graders, one 4th-grader)
- Not actually dangerous
- Not actually cruel
- Funny
- Extremely gross is fine, all four kids (two boys two girls) are pretty un-gross-outable.

What have you got?

Joe Nation

Wed 29 Aug, 2012 01:58 pm
Nothing.
All my pranks are cruel and gross.

Joe(and only I laugh......he heh heh heh.)Nation
0 Replies

roger

Wed 29 Aug, 2012 02:11 pm
@sozobe,
Here's one that's really harmless.

You go outside with a piece of string (string is good for lots of pranks). Anyway, stand on one side of a house or building and wait for a sucker (another word for friend). Now, get them to hold one end for some concocted project, while you disappear with the string around the corner and wait for another friend (another word for sucker) to happen along. Talk them into holding that end for some concocted project or other. Go hide, and see how long you can have them standing there, for no reason at all.

This goes back to two salesmen calling on an office in which I worked. The first appropriated the desk and chair of our rig superintendent. The other dropped in later, introduced himself and sat in the visitor's chair. Whatever they were selling, they tried for ten minutes to sell it to each other. The rest of us just watched, looking like a couple of fat frogs on lily pads.
tsarstepan

Wed 29 Aug, 2012 02:31 pm
@sozobe,
MY APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE: Embarrassed

Quote:
- Extremely gross is fine, all four kids (two boys two girls) are pretty un-gross-outable.

You asked for it. Rolling Eyes Not sure how you can actually pull it off/implement but during basic training, after our platoon cleaned our bathroom one particular morning - cleaned it absolutely **spotless** our drill instructor found some ... alleged human waste. Can't remember where (on the floor or in the toilet) and proceeded to take a bite out of it.

Of course a sh!t storm of pushups was granted upon our entire platoon for missing this spot in doing our daily cleanup.

Later did we find out that it was a melted Snickers bar. And that it was planted postclean up and during the inspection thereafter.

I leave the details up to you (the strategic implementation) if you to follow through with this mission/prank.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 29 Aug, 2012 03:46 pm
gonna listen in.
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 29 Aug, 2012 04:12 pm
@roger,
Oh that's good Roger!

Tsar, pshaw, that's nothing! They'd be grossed out in the moment but then they'd laugh their heads off. I don't love the idea of anyone eating candy bars off of the bathroom floor though. (Or from the toilet. They're definitely not eating candy bars out of the toilet on my watch.) Maybe I could get a thorough bathroom cleaning out of it first?

Prank wars continued (in a minor key) today -- sozlet got her hand wet (hose I think) and then sneezed behind one kid, while flicking her hand so the spray got all over him. He was horrified.

I don't know what I did with "How to Play with Your Food" but we don't seem to have it anymore -- just "Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends" and "How to Play in Traffic" (both good!) I remember a lot of cafeteria tricks in "How to Play With Your Food." Something with ketchup packets and a plastic fork maybe....
chai2

Wed 29 Aug, 2012 04:20 pm
@sozobe,
Related to that sneezing thing, they sell (or at least used to sell) this yellowy green snotty stuff in vending machines.

great for sneezing, then saying ewwwwwwww and letting it hang from your fingers.

sozobe

Thu 30 Aug, 2012 05:08 am
@chai2,
She liked that!

More prank wars yesterday in case it gives anyone ideas:

- Someone colored the edge of one quarter with pencil (graphite) and then convinced a group to roll the quarter down the center of their faces, forehead to chin, as part of some spiel. The one who had graphite on his quarter drew a line down his face, but didn't know.

- There was a bunch of jumping out of empty garbage cans in the garage (sozlet was the victim there, and is annoyed at how high her shriek of terror was).
DrewDad

Thu 30 Aug, 2012 07:08 am
@sozobe,
Replace the filling in an Oreo with a suitably yucky substance, such as toothpaste.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Rattle-Snake-Eggs-Prank/

tsarstepan

Thu 30 Aug, 2012 11:09 am
@DrewDad,
Look further into that site that DrewDad suggested: That's a treasure load of cheap and easy pranks:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Dead-killer-bee-prank-April-fools-/
tsarstepan

Thu 30 Aug, 2012 11:59 am
@tsarstepan,
rabbidsquirrel wrote:

I've also heard you can put clear gelatin mix in the [toilet] water so it makes like a clear jello. It's also cleaner, they just become very confused.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Do-The-Best-Classic-Pranks/step3/Plastic-Wrap-Over-Toilet/
He's referring to a revised version of the famous toilet prank (saran wrap over the toilet basin. I'm assuming you'd set the jello mix overnight and the coolness of the porcelain basin and the water will set fine.
0 Replies

George

Thu 30 Aug, 2012 08:12 pm
Get a fake mouse. Tie one end of a piece of thread to the mouse. Tape
the other end to the inside of a cabinet door. Put mouse inside cabinet
and close cabinet door. When someone opens the door, out jumps the
mouse. Hilarity ensues.
tsarstepan

Fri 31 Aug, 2012 06:05 am
@George,
Get some raisins, dice them into quarter pieces or slightly smaller but not too small. Or try chocolate jimmies. Place them in someone's sandwich when they're not looking. Sprinkle a few on the table. Then openly claim, "What just fell out of your sandwich? I think you might have a mouse problem. Isn't that mice droppings on the table?"
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Prank wars!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 04:21:26