Lenny Conundrum 464

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 09:47 am
Jake has always been quite the explorer, but becoming one of Neopia's greatest treasure hunters doesn't happen without a little help. He had various contacts around the globe, all of whom provided Jake with information over the Virtupets network via morse code.

One day, while on the verge of his greatest archeological discovery to date, Jake recieved one of those communications. The only problem was, part of the message was encoded differently than usual. The entire message read as follows:

I found it. Took extra precautions in this message. The key to the information is mysterious, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

AACAAAAABA CBAABACBBC BACAABAEBB AACDCCBCEA ACEAACABCE
AAAABDAACECBADCACCCD ACACEADBAA DBBBAEAEAB CEAEAAEBAA

You owe me... again.

- Shortie
Unfortunately, Jake had no idea how to decode it. He'd better work it out soon, though. He had a feeling he wasn't the only one on the trail.

What did the code say? Enter JUST the uncoded message with no other information!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 13,400 • Replies: 32
No top replies

snowtigger

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 09:00 pm
@jreneearias,
Each word has 10 letters except for the long one which has 20, and mysterious also has 10 letters as well as precaution... if that helps at all?
0 Replies

Fuhreesha

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 08:54 am
@jreneearias,
Hm, between "mysterious" and "precaution" the letters t i u o e r are found. I don't really think it's relevant to decoding the message though.

Also, I tried comparing the letters to Morse code, but to no avail.
0 Replies

Silver1099

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 06:16 pm
what if in its morse code form its binary not morse code? or am i just over thinking things
Silver1099

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 10:11 pm
@Silver1099,
tried it. defiantly not
0 Replies

irashymisfit

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 03:05 am
@jreneearias,
i've done loads of decripting, even using mysterious as a keyword nothing. and as for figure it out implying numbers, the numbers dont make much sense. i've tried paring it all up, you know like AA represernts something, so does BA and AB etc. If you lay them out in a grid you see theres no DD or EE, in fact theres only 17 of 25 possible pairs. This is also 26-17 =9, 9 is the number of unique letters in mysterious.
I tried laying out the words and letters in different ways but the issue is really understanding how and if 26 letters are represented by the combinations of just a- e there's no other codes like it. using mysterious in a decipher online tool, and also using the key myserous (mysterious - I,T due to 'figure 'it' out) Also precaution does not help. the answers are jumbled letters which dont look useful, anagram solvers find nothing, and its not like the first or last letters of the words or anythings, too many qs, zs and xs.

But still stumped Smile I'd love to know how to do it feel like i've tried every end!! If anyone gets it i am dying to know the method. also i notice it was meant to end on weds afternoon?
jreneearias

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 06:17 am
@irashymisfit,
I can't get it either, since noone got the answer they are renewing it for another week...I just rather them just give us the answer
0 Replies

l1s

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 07:33 pm
@jreneearias,
If you run the code through a baconian cipher, you get something a lot easier to work with : AFFYWIEE Q JYR or you can get AFFYIEE R KS.
I took both answers to every type of cipher I could find, as well as using mysterious as the key for ciphers that required keys. I've had zilch all week. I just went ahead and submitted my jumble so I won't waste anymore time on it, but maybe this will help one of you. (Then again I could be totally wrong with the first baconian cipher, seeing as I still didn't get the right answer, but I think it's better than nothing. I honestly have no idea.)
0 Replies

snowtigger

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 09:38 pm
@jreneearias,
I just looked up Jake, and then found his plot. In it he finds the Lost City of Geraptiku where he's supposed to get the 'Mysterious Tiki Idol' (mysterious, eh?), but he's captured by some other guy (maybe the other one 'one the trail').
But I don't see how that relates to the A-E letters.
0 Replies

Silver1099

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 02:39 am
@irashymisfit,
the word precations does help. it tells you that its coded multiple times
0 Replies

irashymisfit

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 03:02 pm
@jreneearias,
Trying with other codewords online like geraptiku doesnt help, i doubt these online decoders can work, i think it's more to do with pairs of letters then you have enough cominations to make enough feesable letters for a sentece

I've looked up some Jake plots, to no help but i'd point out the letter is to jake, from shortie...i can't find much info from shortie!
nfornikki

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 07:01 am
@irashymisfit,
there's an item called a mysterious skeleton key
Wondered if skeleton could be the key or anything?
0 Replies

jreneearias

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 07:47 pm
@jreneearias,
*A NEW CLUE!!!*
mysterious = 3967152486
xxx234

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 09:13 pm
@jreneearias,
FOLLOW the hint
i found
it can divide the alphabet as
0A B C D
1E F G H
2I J K L
3M N
4O P Q
5R
6S
7T
8U V W X
9Y Z
Deadly-pIxIe

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 09:34 am
@xxx234,
okay so im not sure if this helps at all but i looked at your divisions and i thought maybe count the characters in order how many there are and separate them as if they were words so i got this,
811, 343, 4411,34111,4321,82361,524111,1432,1351.

again idk if this helps at all this puzzle is difficult and i have been trying to figure it out all week :/
orifiel

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 11:20 am
ok, so, here's what I've done.
I summed all letters together and came up with this result:
A=40
B=19
C=20
D=6
E=11

There are nine numbers like the nine letters in the word mysterious.
if you put all the numbers with the corresponding letters that were given (I left an empty space where the number zero appears) you get this:

O_EYI_SEE

could it be like,
"OOOOOH I SEEEEEE!"
xD

yea, that's pretty much it.
I just want to know the message, I don't even care for the prize Very Happy
ktanthony7

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 12:00 am
@orifiel,
I Got
A=43
B=19
C=21
D=6
E=11
0 Replies

xxx234

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 02:06 am
@Deadly-pIxIe,
i think the message do not include "VWXZ"
and as it says"took"
the message must have onr or more part of two same letters
and in the neopia there are only three place terror mountain and roo island and tyrannia matched
0 Replies

Psycmoe

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 12:03 pm
@jreneearias,
Running it through... Baconian, I think? I got either of these:

AFFYWIEE Q JYR

or

HJX P WHO

But I'm stuck there. Anyone?
orifiel

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 02:20 pm
@Psycmoe,
could you explain me this Baconian thing please? Smile)