Highschool :)

xxxx

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 06:55 pm
I'm finally going to be in highschool Smile A freshman >< so excited haha Very Happy And finally~ after 9 years in a private school .. I'm going to a public school No more uniforms Smile
So i'm super excited yea Smile How were your guys' experience for highschool ?

roger

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 08:32 pm
@xxxx,
Mercyfully, my mind seems to have blanked it out.

Have fun out there.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 10:22 pm
@xxxx,
These next few years will be some of the happiest and most angst-filled years of your life. You'll make lots of memories you'll look back on for the rest of your life.

Try to remember not to take school life so seriously, but take it seriously enough that you learn what you need to learn to ease into adulthood with a good head start.

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 06:30 am
@xxxx,

i too went from private elementary school to public school.
i soon realized that after being coddled for 8 years, i was more or less on my own.

i hated it for the first two years, and then gradually warmed to the place.
joining an after-school club -- ultimate frisbee Cool -- helped a great deal.

so, my advice to you is give it a chance and try to find something that interests you...

good luck!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 06:33 am
One thing I found , years later, is a lot of the people I didn't spend time with turned out to be more than a little bit all right. Hence my advice is - don't miss out on friendships for superficial reasons.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 09:44 pm
@xxxx,
xxxx wrote:
How were your guys' experience for highschool ?

In my day there was no such a thing as "high school." Immediately after I had learned to read and write I was apprenticed to a knight in amor as his squire and had to do unpleasant tasks like rub down his horse, shine his breastplate, hone his longsword etc. etc. Worked out okay in the end, though. I eventually won knighthood myself, got my golden spurs, was dubbed Sir Loin, and am now CEO of the known universe. Except for having padded walls in my throne room and having to endure the occasional four-point restraints, it's a pleasant enough existence. Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
Linkat

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 09:51 am
@xxxx,
My daughters are going through with something similar. They had been going to private - dress code and very small classes. One in elementary and the other in middle school. We moved and they are going public.

Both are very excited - the start tomorrow and very excited about not having a dress code. They have been scarred from wearing polo shirts and refuse to ever wear them again.

I agree with others saying be involved in an activity or two. Both mine have already begun with their local sports teams and so now have friends they will be attending school with - makes the friend side of things a bit easier.

Good luck and enjoy yourself.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 09:59 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
unpleasant tasks like rub down his horse, shine his breastplate, hone his longsword

I hope to God those are not euphemisms.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 01:59 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Lustig Andrei wrote:
unpleasant tasks like rub down his horse, shine his breastplate, hone his longsword

I hope to God those are not euphemisms.

The Eucharist has nothing to do with this, Dad.
0 Replies