Liberty hearing aids as Sam's Club. Any Good?

MarEl

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 12:54 pm
@sanrich,
Beware of what? You paid $1900 for a hearing aid and lost it and now want to complain that you only have to pay $200 for a new one? Sounds like you were lucky that you had the L&D coverage.
0 Replies

MarEl

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 12:56 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
That has nothing to do with the hearing aids.
MarEl

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 12:59 pm
@sweed,
You are incorrect. You can throw the biggest "fit" you want and you will not get a refund in that situation.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 02:23 pm
@MarEl,
You got that right. Information is what I was looking for when I started the thread, lo these many years ago. Information about hearing aids.
markw77

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 07:32 am
Bought them @ Sam's in Maple Grove MN as have had noise induced hearing loss for 20 years. I wish I had them years ago. First time I had them on inside Sams my wife was standing 30 feet in back of me and spoke in a low voice and I heard every word she said. Even with the store noise! They are great. Batteries last about week. Keep them in jar at night turned off to save bat life. not one person has noticed them. worth the money. I bought the warranty and damage loss. $200 rebate nice. My health insurance kicked in some bucks also. The hearing rep was excellent and very knowledgeable about the do's and don'ts. Only had to have them tweaked twice in first 6 weeks and good to go from there as brain trained to listen again to sounds I have not heard in last 30 years. I've got to give them 5 stars out of 5.
Ragman

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 07:43 am
@roger,
sorry if you stated your status with your choice of hearing aids further back. Can you give us an idea about what you have settled on...and how it's working out now?
roger

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 02:28 pm
@markw77,
Did you get the model with Speaker in Ear? I did a short test run in the store, and they seemed great
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 02:36 pm
@Ragman,
Ultimately, I went with the GN Resound. It works out pretty well in the left ear. The right one needs so much amplification that the extraneous noise is a killer. When I use it at all, I immediately move to the restaurant program and down the volume at least two notches. It is somewhat helpful, though if it had to work by itself, I would have serious problems. It makes a good spare in case the left one fails. I still wonder if the Liberty SIG might not have been the better choice.

If you happen to be a veteran, here's a hint. They state your hearing loss must be service connected, but there's a looph. . ., um exception. If your hearing loss is large enough that you can't meaningfully participate in your medical treatment, you might be in luck. Another hint: make a good impression on your VA audiologist.
Ragman

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 05:33 pm
@roger,
Tnx for rely. Luckily I'm not the one with. Problem. My sister and a close friend have the need of hearing Aids. Not sure whether or not they'll pursue it
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 06:14 pm
@Ragman,
They are expensive. I've needed them for many years, maybe since 2001 or 2002, when the audiologist was insistent but I didn't have the money.
Have never been able to afford them, even on medicaid, as there seem to be medicaid variations which disallow that.

I first had tinnitus in '86. It is hearable by anyone who tests it.
I'm surprised I don't sprinkle stars from both sides of my head.

I was seen at UNM back a couple of years ago when I thought I might be covered by medicaid in NM. Yes, yes, this will help you. But not. Wrong medicaid.
They didn't press my billing.

Meantime, I've data on just which aids would help me.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 08:50 pm
After dinking around for three years, I sprung for one, but just for the right ear. After a day's use, I can tell you it is much better about dealing with extraneous noise. Not perfect, but noticeably better. It seems to deliver a better level of clarity, as well.

The woman dispensing them was one of the best I have ever had, and the exam was more comprehensive than all but possibly one of the many I've had. The best might have been the audiologist at the local hospital, two years ago. Two weeks ago, the same department but different audiologist definitely gave me short shrift. I still suspect the audiologist or dispenser makes at least as much difference at the equipment.
0 Replies

JasonMathew

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 04:29 am
@roger,
Thanks to share links .
0 Replies

HOH6479

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 10:45 pm
@sweed,
Because they haven't been around as long as Costco has and is quickly changing. They cannot keep dispensers. High turn over at Sam'sClub Hearing aid center. Costco is your best bet
0 Replies

Connie Trotman

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2018 10:19 am
@roger,
Y E S !!! Definitely good. My husband has been wearing, well I should say "buying" Beltone for over 25 years. He didn't like them. He LOVES his Liberty Hearing Aids. They must be comfortable and they seem to work really well, really well!! Batteries last several weeks (Beltones you have to replace batteries every few days). Highly recommend
0 Replies

revlee2u

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 07:48 pm
@Ragman,
I have 3 sets of hearing aids and they puke out before the five years are up then it cost A bunch to have them repaired
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2022 04:52 am

A ‘game-changer’ for millions of Americans:
You can now buy hearing aids over the counter

(cnn)
0 Replies