Starting up a School Newspaper...

elian27

Thu 9 Aug, 2012 08:30 pm
I'm a high school student who is interested in pursuing journalism in the future. This coming school year, I am planning on starting up a school newspaper at my school (we don't have one). I have very little professional journalistic experience - I mostly only read the newspaper, and the only articles I've written have been those fictional ones written in Lit. class.

I would appreciate any sort of advice that could help me on my way, anything from actually starting up a school newspaper to tips on the journalistic aspect of the newspaper: picking a topic, writing an article, editing an article, etc.

Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,226 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

ossobuco

Thu 9 Aug, 2012 08:47 pm
Didn't you ask this already?

Give eva and others a chance to see your post and answer.
Ragman

Fri 10 Aug, 2012 08:03 am
@elian27,
http://able2know.org/topic/82973-7#post-5072190
0 Replies

elian27

Fri 10 Aug, 2012 08:10 am
@ossobuco,
I had, yes. I posted it on Eva's thread, like you mentioned.
I figured, though, that I might be able to reach more people/get a larger variety of responses if I posted a new thread just for my query.
It's great that you noticed both, though! Hopefully others will see either or both message(s) and respond...
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 10 Aug, 2012 08:52 am
@elian27,
You most likely will need to get a teacher assigned to supervise the production of the newspaper (keep printing costs down, etc...) and to keep those working on the project from just taking advantage of the possible down time and basically doing nothing but lounging and calling that a school newspaper based activity.
0 Replies

proofreadmyfile

Thu 16 Apr, 2015 04:56 am
@elian27,
Hi Elina27
Nice thought of starting school newspaper at your school, it will help you for your journalism profession in future.
0 Replies