First impression screw-up... Need help!!

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 08:23 pm
@JTT,
Oh and i've been riding for about 4 years... But why does this even matter?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 08:24 pm
I was talking to you, it is the horse that matters, dressage or jumping, and how you get along with the horse. Nothing about your possible fatness.

0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 11:31 am
@sozobe,
What I meant was being overweight affects ME. Neither of any of you guys know me personally so you wouldn't know.
Ceili

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 11:59 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
See, this could be the problem. People are talking to you and you're jumping down their throats. Try listening and stop being so defensive.
sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 12:26 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
I get that it affects you.

Not really arguing with that.

I'm saying that focusing on that one issue instead of addressing other things about your mindset suggests to me that you will keep finding something to blame for your confidence issues -- if not fat, something else.

Your hair, or your nose, or your teeth -- something.

Instead of just accepting yourself and figuring out how to interact with people in a more comfortable way.

Have you thought about seeing a counselor re: the social anxiety thing? I understand that you say it hasn't been officially diagnosed, but you seem to think that it's possible.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 09:55 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Quote:
Who said I wasn't listening to her?!

Not me, Efl. I was just commiserating with you, making small talk.

Quote:
I do English. Hunter/jumper styyyle.

Cool!. I have only been on a jumper/English saddle once in my whole life. A friend who had two kids who were great at that took me for a ride thru a river valley. That was fun but I stayed to the short side of the downed logs.

I ride western and I think I would have felt as good or better had I been bareback. Smile
JTT

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 09:58 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Quote:
Oh and i've been riding for about 4 years... But why does this even matter?

I'm just interested, that's all. I like horses myself.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 10:51 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
I am talking about barn society, I figure it is similar with dressage and other aspects of horseback riding. I mostly observed/heard adults riding and talking over a bunch of years. More than four. Nest of vipers is too strong a characterization, but let's say that relationships can get testy. There are antipathies, mockings, and camaraderie, and friendships. Learning how to deal with all that is a good idea.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 11:04 pm
@ossobuco,
Meanwhile you jumped at me for mentioning dressage. How would I know what form of riding or barn social life you are involved with?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 11:12 pm
@ossobuco,
I agree with listening to Sozobe too, generally speaking and in this situation in particular.

By the way, you write well. Some of us had trouble with the original post as we appreciate paragraphs, but you express yourself well.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:02 am
@Ceili,
I am listening but my mom tells me the same thing! Hahaha
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:04 am
@JTT,
Haha nice!!!!
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:04 am
@JTT,
Omg really? That's so cool!!! Smile
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:07 am
@ossobuco,
I do?? Wait me???? If so, aw thank you that means so much coming from someone older!!!
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:08 am
@ossobuco,
Then why bother mentioning dressage or assuming that I take dressage? Lol, you could've just asked me straight up what I do. And that's Hunter/jumper. Wink
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 08:50 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
See here: http://able2know.org/topic/193460-3#post-5044108
0 Replies