New York City - Helicopter Ride - 360° tour

Ceili

Fri 6 Jul, 2012 10:45 pm
http://pixelcase.com.au/vr/2009/newyork/

Beautifully done, aerial tour of NYC. I found it on The Guardian, but it seems to be a facebook site. I hope you can all access it, if not, I apologize for wasting your time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 2,418 • Replies: 11
Topic Closed
No top replies

Ceili

Fri 6 Jul, 2012 11:23 pm
@Ceili,
Is governor's island where the governor lives?
jcboy

Sat 7 Jul, 2012 10:48 am
@Ceili,
Actually that was pretty cool! I’ve only been in a helicopter once and can’t say I would do it again, they just scare me.

Since I was a kid flying always made me nervous even thou I have flown many times.

One of my worse experiences flying was when I went to St. Croix, Virgin Islands. Took a jet to San Juan Puerto Rico then had to get on one of those small propeller airplanes to St. Croix, that made me nervous.
Ceili

Sat 7 Jul, 2012 01:27 pm
@jcboy,
I've only been on one ride myself, over the grand canyon. I'm terrified of heights. It was beautiful but a bit of a white knuckle ride. I've been on many prop jobs and the ride is never smooth.
ehBeth

Sat 7 Jul, 2012 01:32 pm
@Ceili,
Governor's Island is just the most awesome place to visit in New York. It was a military base. It is now being developed as a park (and eventually other stuff will go in as well).

Thanks to JoeNation pointing it out to me on a Staten Island Island Ferry trip, and thanks to Noddy, Walter H and other friends for joining me on a great trip to a 1920's jazz concert and dance class there!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sat 7 Jul, 2012 01:34 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

Is governor's island where the governor lives?

I believe no one lives on governor's island. It used to be a coast guard station there.
http://www.govisland.com/html/history/history.shtml

I believe the governor of New York lives in Albany.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_State_Executive_Mansion
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 7 Jul, 2012 01:35 pm
@Ceili,
I've been on many prop planes, but only one that wasn't pressurized - that was flying over the jungle in Guatemala to get to Tikal. Slightly scary but not an adrenaline type scare.

I've been frightened by turbulance, but that rarely is involved as a cause of a plane crash. I do have a friend who was a Pan Am and then United Stewardess who got thown up to the ceiling in turbulance with some long time neck damage from that.

Haven't been in a helicopter. Have been in a B25, but that was sitting on the ground in an air force base.

Meantime, probably due to my computer variations (that's a riff on music terminology), I can't get rid of the ad in the link and ad sits plop in the middle of the video. Luckily, I've seen it before.
0 Replies

Ceili

Sat 7 Jul, 2012 01:41 pm
Neat, I hadn't heard of the place before and I couldn't tell what it was from the overhead flyby. I'll have to check it out the next time I make it to the big apple.
Every flight I've ever been on a prop plane was either over the ocean or the mountains. Lots and lots of turbulence and that was in good weather. The kind where your throat doesn't matter 'cause your stomach ends up in the mouth..and then right back down again. Yuck.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Sat 7 Jul, 2012 01:42 pm
@Ceili,
Beautiful ride. Thanx for posting that, Ceili.
Ceili

Sat 7 Jul, 2012 01:44 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
My pleasure.. sorry Osso. I couldn't find another source.
ossobuco

Sat 7 Jul, 2012 01:45 pm
@Ceili,
's all right. It's something to do with adobe flash and my mac; I need to change it out, keep putting it off in case I cause myself more trouble.
0 Replies

Reyn

Sat 7 Jul, 2012 06:16 pm
@Ceili,
Neato!
0 Replies