Social Networking and Leaving Groups

Eva

Tue 13 Nov, 2012 06:30 pm
@jcboy,
I will miss you, too. You, Marco, Antonio, the tortoises, and the dogs.

If you open another FB account, please "friend" me. I'd like to stay in touch.
0 Replies

firefly

Tue 13 Nov, 2012 10:20 pm
@jcboy,
Oh, I'm so sorry to see you leave. Sad

I really enjoy hearing about what you, and Marco, and Antonio, have been doing, and seeing the photos of your pets, and gatherings, and even of those great meals you've prepared. And it's so nice you've shared all those things with us.

I'll really miss you.

But I fully understand the problem of so many people from your community showing up here, or lurking around, and I can see where that can create problems for you.

Please try to show up here as often as possible, just to say hello, and to fill us in on the doings of your family.

If you set up a new FB page, I'd love to follow you that way. Just PM me with your FB ID so I can find you. I really don't bother with FB, but, for you, I'd definitely make an exception.

Take care.

0 Replies

mohsen

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 04:07 am
@roger,
Go to the Group you want to leave.
Under the More tab, select My Settings.
At lower right, select "Leave Group".
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 04:52 am
I have only become involved in two groups...........A2K and Facebook. In the case of A2K, I had reached a point where I found that I was not as interested in interacting as in former times. On the other hand, not wanting to burn any bridges, I simply did not post, and made no announcement. I did find that I would check out the site, but did not really have anything to add.

Lately, after a well needed rest, I find that my interest has returned, although no where near the level that it was years ago. I am very glad that I did not announce a "departure". In life, things are constantly evolving, and I did not want to slam a door that I might want open later.

As far as Facebook, I have never really gotten into it. Most of the people on my list are relatives. Once in awhile I will put my two cents in, but not very often. I joined Twitter, but don't think that I have ever used it.

panzade

Wed 19 Dec, 2012 05:37 pm
@Phoenix32890,
My view Phoenix; the worst day on A2K is better than the best day on Facebook.
Some of the posters here can really get on my nerves but I've learned to avoid them and I stick close to my ol' buddies.
edgarblythe

Wed 19 Dec, 2012 05:48 pm
@panzade,
I don't enjoy facebook, but I go there because so many people I care about are on it. A2k is my first love (after Abuzz). I will never leave here. There is more room for freedom of expression here, ultimately. Plus, none of my relatives are here to crimp my style.
Mame

Wed 19 Dec, 2012 06:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes, it's a bit of a dilemma since we do make connections on social networks. I don't know what I'd do were I to decide to leave, but I appreciate hearing from people when they decide to leave, either permanently or temporarily.

jcboy, I'm sad to hear you and MMarciano won't be around, but I completely understand. All the best to the three of you and if things lighten up in your neck of the woods, I hope you come back.
0 Replies