Science Theory Is a Misunderstood Concept

layman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 04:32 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

But if you wish to dispute Gould's own summation maybe Im not the one with any "comprehension issues"
. You seem to be getting more and more strident and insulting with your replies and contributions.

"Insulting?" Sorry if you feel "insulted," but I was trying to be as polite as possible without lying.

If I wanted you insult you I would have put the truth more bluntly. I might have said...

Aww, well, I still won't say it. The fact remains: You either don't actually read what you claim to, or else you are just incapable of understanding plain, simple, unambiguous english.

You don't need to read. You already know what everything you read is going to say. It's going to say what you want it to say. Which is, coincidentally, what YOU would say.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 04:34 am
@layman,
Quote:
My theory is that grass is green
Grass is several "colors" under different wavelengths of light. This is a fact that is within Color Theory, which is a scientific theory.(Ditto the "blue sky"

Quote:
My theory is that life forms have changed over time
At best, youre giving us a hypothesis or a "belief". It only rises to theory with some sort of explanation or a systematic approach that contains relevant evidence and other FACTS. ,(and doesnt sound like Anne

Elk's explanation regarding the Brontosaurus)

0 Replies

north

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 07:36 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

Most scientists are not interested in the philosophical definition of reality. Scientists are interested in useful explanations and practical solutions.

But are they ?

Is not the Big Bang ( BB ) A philosophical definition of reality ? I would yes .

Since everything in the Universe is defined by the " action " of gravity . Which gravity is a philosophical mindset is science . Nothing else is considered ; no New visions of the Universe is really considered .
0 Replies