Roger Clemens Not Guilty

parados

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 07:39 am
@parados,
It's looking like this will turn into a pissing match between USADA and UCI. USADA has to submit reasoned arguments to UCI and then the UCI can review them and take action or not. We will see the evidence or lack of it in that argument.

Armstrong's lawyers response to USADA
www.usatoday.com/.../08-22-12%20bock%20letter-final.pdf

The letter leaves open the possibility of Armstrong suing the USADA if they claim his refusal to submit is an admission of guilt. I don't think this is going away any time soon. A slander suit by Armstrong gets the information into an actual court room like Lance wants.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 07:10 pm

abc13 KTRK Eyewitness News Houston

Astros owner Jim Crane says it's possible Roger Clemens could pitch for the Astros this season. He also says he would NOT pitch the Rocket against a contender. The season is winding down, and this week, the Astros play two teams out of contention at Minute Maid. Think we'll see Clemens on the hill for the Astros this week?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 08:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
and if the circus is in town, after he pitches he can go do the little car thing.

what an over-size ego on that guy...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 08:24 pm
I think I saw that his pitching speed is 85 these days. He pitched for a minor league for a single game a few weeks ago.
Ragman

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 12:07 am
@edgarblythe,
He pitched again 2 days ago. He's up to 88 mph now. His shipment must have come in.

Clemens pitched 3 1/3 scoreless innings in his first start for Sugar Land of the independent Atlantic League, and didn't allow a run in 4 2/3 innings in his second start Friday.

From the Astro's owner, Jim Crane:

"Crane said he would not pitch the seven-time Cy Young Award winner against a contender, which leaves this week as the only option.

But Clemens said Monday night the only way he would pitch this season was against a team in contention.

"I can tell you right now and they would know too, that if I was going to go do it, I am going to pitch against a contender, that's who I want to knock out," Clemens told Houston television station KRIV. "Why would I want to waste my time running around and getting in shape. I get over to Minute Maid (Park), I'll crank it up and get it over 90 for a contender. We'll knock them right out of the playoffs. That would be the fun. Pitching against somebody that's not in contention wouldn't be any fun for me."

"It's not going to happen."
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 05:07 am
@Ragman,

not sure why clemens wouldn't want this to happen...
does he honestly think he's getting voted into the HOF next year?
Ragman

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 09:18 am
@Region Philbis,
No, that won't happen ... but the theory and possible strategy goes this way:

If he does reach the majors once more (unlikely), the resultant consequences would be that the date for consideration for HOF goes forward another 5 yrs. Perhaps then the atmosphere around the HOF voting for his acceptance might be more liberal.

He wants to be in the HOF so badly he'll do this circus act to get considered again. Over-sized ego is an understatement. As I've written before, ever notice that he and deposed and defamed cyclist Lance Armstrong are never seen in a room at the same time?
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 09:39 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
He wants to be in the HOF so badly he'll do this circus act to get considered again.
right, so why hasn't he already jumped at his chance to pitch in the majors and postpone HOF?
he's reluctant, and that's not like him...
Ragman

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 10:32 am
@Region Philbis,
Perhaps he's trying to sniff the air? Also he's uncertain about public and baseball-dom's opinions. Maybe he's trying to sniff out for dissension? Not sure I can figure him and his motives. He's not 'zackly the logical type...he's more meathead-ian than most jocks.

He did get to play in the same game as his boy...who played as catcher. He's big on father-son stuff as he never had the pleasure of having that privilege as a kid. That could be his main motivation.

"Clemens's parents separated when he was an infant. His mother soon married Woody Booher, whom Clemens still considers his father. Booher died when Clemens was only nine years old, and Clemens has said that the only time he ever felt envious of other players is when he saw them in the clubhouse with their fathers."

Remember the bottom line is that all of this is giving him more time in the game...which he loves playing...and more time in the limelight.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 10:36 am
@Ragman,
roger is brett favre with a suitcase covered in HGH stickers...
Ragman

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 10:36 am
@Rockhead,
or Lance Armstrong!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 11:20 am
@Ragman,

also, it doesn't seem fair... one start pushes eligibility back five years?
they should change that rule for players coming out of retirement.
set a minimum number of at bats/innings pitched, or something...
0 Replies