What kind of gifts are best to give my grand mother on her 90th birth day.

harvy

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 11:22 am
I want to present a strong walker and a pet dog. Already she is having a small car. She is getting good pension amount. Let me have a suggestion from our friends here for a gift.

harvy

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 11:30 am
@harvy,
How do you say this is spam? If I enclosed a link, it means it is spam? is it? This is my actual question for some suggestion.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 01:28 pm
@harvy,
If she is healthy and fiscally independant--food and your presence is the thing she'd appreciate the most. Give her a card with a date when you will pick her up and take her out to dinner.

Rap
engineer

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 01:33 pm
@harvy,
Digitizing a bunch of old pictures and having a fancy album made might be appreciated.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:30 pm
@harvy,
If she is 90 years old, give a lot of consideration to the idea of giving her a new dog as a present.

Dogs are good company but they require a lot of attention, maintenance and money for food and veterinary care.

If she is in need of a walker, a new dog will have to be trained to keep out of her way so she isn't tripped by it.

Will she be able to house train the dog? Will it need a doggy door to gain access to the yard for potty breaks when she's unable to let it outdoors herself?

Will she be able to give it the physical exercise it needs?

As for gift ideas, here are some questions from which you can get some gift ideas:

What are her living conditions? Is she still living at home? Has her home safety been improved with the addition of safety grab bars in the bathroom around the shower, and toilet? Does she have a shower chair and hand-held spray nozzle for use in the shower?

Does she have any extended reach grabbers to help her pick up things from the floor or reach things on high shelves?

Have most of the daily items she uses most been moved to either higher or lower shelves for easier access?

What about a stool for her to sit on while at the bathroom sink doing her routine hygiene and makeup? One might also be helpful to her in the kitchen so she can sit while preparing food.

Are the pathways in her home clear of furniture and obstacles so she can safely maneuver around with the walker?

Does her walker have useful accessories such as a basket or tray to help her carry things while using the walker?

Is she in need of a service such as Life Alert to call for emergency help if she needs it and can't reach a phone?

If she doesn't already have these things, she'd greatly appreciate items that will help her safely through her daily activities. If you are not near her to install these things for her, you can hire a handyman to do it for her.
harvy

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 09:34 am
@raprap,
Thank you for suggestion and advise.
0 Replies

harvy

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 09:37 am
@engineer,
she likes old pictures album and family friends photo album. Good idea. nice
0 Replies

harvy

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 09:40 am
@Butrflynet,
Nice idea, thank you. these suggestions are also to be informed to my friends and relatives.
Smart Lina

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 11:14 pm
@harvy,
I think Walker would be a nice option. When it comes to dog, I don't think so. No doubt Dog gives company to her but simultaneously dog's care is also an important factor. If she is able to do than it will be no issue. You should also think of some other option than helps her to break her loneliness.
0 Replies

kiki1861

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 08:54 pm
@harvy,
I think the best gift for her will be your care and regards.
0 Replies

romynash

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 01:25 am
An album of whole life of her would be a great gift for her.
IMartin789

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 01:13 pm
@romynash,
Yes i like this idea romynash, I did this for my gradmother last year for her 90th birthday too. She loved it so much and was so touched she cried. I am sure she will cherish it forever.
0 Replies

RogerBloom

Reply Tue 13 May, 2014 05:56 am
You can give her a bouquet of flowers of her choice and you can also give her a wonderful card wishing her 90th birthday.
0 Replies

victor12

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 05:45 am
my suggestion also same.. buy some wonderful flowers bouquet or flowers in vase and gift her ...i think she might be impressed
0 Replies

MargStone

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 12:45 am
A family collage photo, so she can always see her whole family.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 12:49 am
@MargStone,
This thread is two years old.

Harvy's grandmother, by now, will have probably given up her job as a barmaid and has run off with a six fooot four Danish trawlerman called Olaf.
0 Replies

andrespefia3

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 04:04 am
@harvy,
Grandma may also appreciates the practical things, like the hairdresser gift certificates. you may give her a box of useful things like paper towels, stamps, food items, etc. that she likes. What about an activity... something she likes to do that she doesn't do very often (or a new activity) that you could do together? She might like to just spend time with you alone rather than have another thing.
0 Replies

vishal1

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 03:19 am
A family collage photo, so she can always see her whole family.this is the wonderful gift for her.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What kind of gifts are best to give my grand mother on her 90th birth day.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:56:28