Manage a Facebook Page without associating it with your Profile.

MrIVI

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 02:31 pm
Can I create a Page on Facebook which I can manage, post in, etc... But have it not show that I'm associated with it from my Profile?
I know everyone's going to jump on me for my devious/misguided use of Facebook trying to "hide" something, so I'm going to per-defend myself. I'm an indie filmmaker, and I also like to write film reviews. But I like to be honest and harsh in my reviews so I didn't want them associated with my professional filmmaking. (Don't throw rocks if you have a glass house.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 18,409 • Replies: 3
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 04:55 pm
@MrIVI,
I think you can do this.

I think what you do is create a page as yourself. Then assign someone else as the administrator to the page. Then delete yourself as administrator.

Or you could leave yourself as administrator and nobody (except the other administrators) will ever know you are connected to it.
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:53 am
@MrIVI,
Am I missing something? Why can't you just use a fake name and open an email address to go with it and then create a new fb page with those details?
rosborne979

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 09:34 am
@Pearlylustre,
Pearlylustre wrote:

Am I missing something? Why can't you just use a fake name and open an email address to go with it and then create a new fb page with those details?

You can do this. However, it violates the FaceBook Guidelines for not creating imaginary individuals, so you take the risk of them discovering it somehow and deleting the account and all its connections (which their policy says they will do). Granted it's unlikely they would discover it, but it's a risk.
0 Replies