EcoWater 3000 Overfills, NOT Venturi

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 04:39 pm
So I have a 10-yr-old Ecowater 3000 softening unit. For some reason it continually fills the brine tank. I rebuilt the venturi valve today. The rubber baffle looked clean and intact as did the screen. I ran a recharge cycle and it drew almost 5 gallons of brine. I removed the brine pickup during the cycle and checked for vaccum. I have checked the drain line and it's clear. I removed and cleaned the float assembly.

Essentially the unit overfills the brine tank until it starts seeping slowly out of the overflow elbow. This thing has eaten 160# of salt in the last 2 weeks.

My guess is I need a new float valve assembly.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 8,248 • Replies: 4
No top replies

DIDS007

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 02:50 pm
@JeepinCJ,
JeepinCJ,
Remove the Brine Valve assembly (float assembly) completely from the brine well and hang it outside of the water softener (assuming it is the cabinet style 3000 series) and set it in a pail or container. Check to see if water constantly flows from the brine valve asm. while in the service cycle. If water leaks constantly from the assembly, then you have to rebuild the control valve (replace rubber seals and possibly the rotor & discs). If no water flows from the brine valve asm. Check to see if you have a slow leak from the resin tank. With the brine valve assembly still in the pail, bail some water from the brine tank to about an inch below the overflow level. If water rises to the overflow level again (may take a few minutes) , then you have a slow leak from the resin tank. If there are no obvious signs of an external leak (water dripping down from the top of the resin tank, then the leak is at the bottom and the tank will have to be replaced.

Hope this helps...
ecarrot

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 08:30 pm
@DIDS007,
I have a similar problem with brine tank overflowing with my ERR3000 unit. Water is leaking externally from the top of the resin tank along the outside of the resin tank into the brine tank. After 24 hrs the brine tank will be full and start to overflow out the tank overflow hose. I traced the leak to the connection between the control valve and resin tank. Water is trickling down at the clamp retainers between the two half clamps that clamp the control valve and resin tank together.

What is the cause of the leak? O-ring seal worn out? There are three o-rings in there, should I replace them?
ecarrot

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 07:46 am
@ecarrot,
I replaced the three o-rings and problem solved. Bought the o-rings online without having to go to a local EcoWater dealer.
jianfour

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2019 04:27 pm
@ecarrot,
If still following, I think the o-rings I need to replace are the three around the top distributor. Are the ones you mentioned?
0 Replies